586,347 active members*
3,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Help me please.......Planes or......

Help me please.......Planes or......

When i post that file,i'm getting different coordinate system for each operation(G54,G55,G56...).How can i calculate all operations from one coordinate system(for example G54)?Can anyone help me......?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't open your file but, you must have selected a different offset for each operation by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    I can't open your file but, you must have selected a different offset for each operation by accident.
    Ok but...where in Mastercam i can select that?I can't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radosl81 View Post
    Ok but...where in Mastercam i can select that?I can't found it.
    I can't open the file from home so that being said for a single operation (no flipping rotating or moving of the part) it is straight forward. If you are setting up new tool planes and WCS then it is a similar process but in the planes box you will have to be sure that the origin is still common; that your WCS;Tool and Construction planes match the operation.

There are two places to select/change it. 1st when you create the tool operation in V8;V9; X-X3 on the tool tab of the operation pop up window nearly centered an at the bottom is a button labeled Planes. Click it. Set you Work Coordinate System, Tool Plane, Construction/Comp planes to TOP. There is a check box for work coordinates at the bottom. If you are using G54-G5n then 0=G54; 1=G55 and so on. In X4 surface tool paths still use this same operation parameter dialog box but 2D; FBM; and Highspeed toolpaths use the new parameters box. Same as the Highspeed parameter dialog box in X3 more or less. If that is the case then on the left where you select such things as Toolpath Type, Tool, Linking Parameters etc is an entry for Planes that works the same way.

Another way to change them all at once (X-X4) is to click on Toolpath in the operation manager tree. This will select all of your toolpaths under that entry. Right click inside of the operation manager window and select Edit Selected Operations--> Edit Common Parameters. This will pop up a new window. Middle right is a button labeled Planes. Click the check box next to it to activate it, then click the button. It will bring up the Planes dialog window. Set your work offsets from here. This will effect all the operations selected.

Hope this is helpful
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Shotout View Post
    I can't open the file from home so that being said for a single operation (no flipping rotating or moving of the part) it is straight forward. If you are setting up new tool planes and WCS then it is a similar process but in the planes box you will have to be sure that the origin is still common; that your WCS;Tool and Construction planes match the operation.

There are two places to select/change it. 1st when you create the tool operation in V8;V9; X-X3 on the tool tab of the operation pop up window nearly centered an at the bottom is a button labeled Planes. Click it. Set you Work Coordinate System, Tool Plane, Construction/Comp planes to TOP. There is a check box for work coordinates at the bottom. If you are using G54-G5n then 0=G54; 1=G55 and so on. In X4 surface tool paths still use this same operation parameter dialog box but 2D; FBM; and Highspeed toolpaths use the new parameters box. Same as the Highspeed parameter dialog box in X3 more or less. If that is the case then on the left where you select such things as Toolpath Type, Tool, Linking Parameters etc is an entry for Planes that works the same way.

Another way to change them all at once (X-X4) is to click on Toolpath in the operation manager tree. This will select all of your toolpaths under that entry. Right click inside of the operation manager window and select Edit Selected Operations--> Edit Common Parameters. This will pop up a new window. Middle right is a button labeled Planes. Click the check box next to it to activate it, then click the button. It will bring up the Planes dialog window. Set your work offsets from here. This will effect all the operations selected.

Hope this is helpful
    Yes....this is the right way.Thank you so much.