586,104 active members*
3,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Question MACH 3 cycle start button

Hi - I need to have a "CYCLE START" push button instead of having to use a mouse and click on the "CYCLE START" button on the monitor. Any one have a fix for this problem or where I can go to get info. I am using the software and stepper motors to run a machine other than a cnc mill. So I have to run a cycle, load the machine and run another cycle.

Just connect a button to an unused input pin. You assign an OEM Trigger to it in ports and pins.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Rick,

I have attached a few jpgs to explain the procedure.

1: Assign the port and pin to OEM code 1

2: Assign OEM Code 1000 to Trigger 1

3: Attach switch to appropriate pin on your breakout board "in the example pin 15"

4: finished.

Hope this helps,

Jeff....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oem1.JPG   trigger1.JPG  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Jeff, I think you need to also set the hotkey for the OEM trigger to match the cycle start hotkey. Right?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gerry,

I have set it up without the hotkey and it works fine however I guess you could add the hotkey code "2162"

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I don't think you can type the code, you actually have to hit the key. But if it works without it, then no need to.

I didn't look at the secind image you posted. Setting the OEM code apparently does the same thing as setting the Hotkey.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Smile MACH 3 Button

Thanks for all the help. I think I can get it work now

I will use it too.

Thanks for thinking out this one.
    I updated to a touch screen, instead of adding a button.
    Still really need the button though.:devious:

Added the button. Dry dusty fingers no good on touch screen.
    Thanks Jeff!!
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Neil & Rick,

You are very welcome.

I am happy to be able to help and contribute back to a super bunch of very talented guys.

Jeff...

start cycle

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Gerry,

I have set it up without the hotkey and it works fine however I guess you could add the hotkey code "2162"

Jeff...
    Hello about start cycle with outside star buton.
    How to connect start buton with LPT port and what is comand in G code
    Please send me full information how to connecting and setup and programing
    Thanks

mach 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rick7702 View Post
    Hi - I need to have a "CYCLE START" push button instead of having to use a mouse and click on the "CYCLE START" button on the monitor. Any one have a fix for this problem or where I can go to get info. I am using the software and stepper motors to run a machine other than a cnc mill. So I have to run a cycle, load the machine and run another cycle.
    Hello
    I also need tohave "Start Cycle " push button with cable to controler.How to conect betwen witch pin for exampel 14 is free and ground .and what i to write in G code.

Do you have full info about this
    Thanks

Bpetkov,

Pin 14 is a output it will not control the cyclestart, that requires a input pin

Jeff...

Look at post #3

It is all there and it works.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Hi guys - I am having a bit of trouble with this. This is on my small mill drill and I am using a G540 with no luck. I have tried assigning an input to input 1, 4 and oem trigger 1 using code 1000 and assigning a hot key. I am uing a new down load of mach3. As I write this I realize I have not loaded the license yet. Might be the issue. I will test that next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ron

It now works - Post #3 and a pair of glasses and it will work quite nicely

Start, Stop, Feed Hold

Well, I have similar problem. I can add control for start, stop and feed hold using OEM trigers. But, if I use stop-start sequence I must turn on spindle manual. Feed Hold is ideal, since doesn't turn off spindle, but delay is about 2 sec. How I can change delay for Feed Hold?
    In other words, I must synchronize some actuators with spindle rotation, (like threading) so spindle must works always, and X axis periodically.

I'm trying to connect a switch to ref/all by using my free input 14 trigger 1 OEM code 105. When I press the switch all I get to set is the Z axis it won't go to X and Y after, but when I press the ref/all (home) on the screen or with the keyboard everything works good. Anyone have any idea what to do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bartkuzar View Post
    I'm trying to connect a switch to ref/all by using my free input 14 trigger 1 OEM code 105. When I press the switch all I get to set is the Z axis it won't go to X and Y after, but when I press the ref/all (home) on the screen or with the keyboard everything works good. Anyone have any idea what to do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Try OEM code 138, please post your results.

Jeff...

Thanks I did tried the OEM 138 and works no problem but it will just go home (x0y0z0) it won't set the coords I wonder if there is some other thing that I should do.

Thanks again Jeff

I just wonder if anyone have tried this OEM code 105 and if was able to reference all Z,X,Y or just Z. ?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12