586,060 active members*
4,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Cnc Show June 20-26

With the ever growing popularity of hobby cnc's, Roland Friestad of Cardinal Engineering is hosting the first ever (I believe) hobby/industrial cnc show. Roland has been the driving force in the cnc articles published in The Home Shop Machinist (HSM) magazines for many years. He was also responsible for co-ordinating the cnc area and lectures at the North American Model Engineering Show(NAMES) for as long as I can remember! Here is the link for the show page http://www.cnc-workshop.com/. Hope to see a lot of people attending! Rick (Rick-O-matic)

Roland has updated some of the pages. Check back often to check for additional information! Rick

Gee Rick....what we would really like to know about is the design of your Rick-O-Matic spindle.

cnc show

Hi Vipertx. A lot of people have asked about the spindle. I guess I have been too lazy to show everyone how easy it is to make. The Rick-O-matic is in North Carolina right now, and I am in Michigan. When I get back down to the warm and green south next week, I will post some pics and diagrams for it. (a picture is worth a thousand keystrokes) I will be demonstrating at the cnc show in June. It's going to be a blast! A week with other nut's that actually want to hear about the cnc stuff (unlike my wife, who just nods her head and smiles when I show her my "cool" stuff!) Talk to ya later, Rick http://www.cnc-workshop.com/

Hey Rick, thanks for the response. I'm sure everyone here is waiting with "bated" breath for those pics.

Thanks,
    Paul

cnc show updates

The cnc show has a new registation form. Please check back often for new updates! http://www.cnc-workshop.com/ . Looks like a lot of people are coming so far! Rick

Tried to register, got the following error:

DynaForm Error - Invalid Domain
    You have accessed DynaForm from an external domain - this is not allowed.
    You may only submit forms to a DynaForm file that exists on the same domain name.
    If you believe to be receiving this message in error, please refer to your readme.txt file.

Any ideas?

I am not sure what may have happened. You might have tried to log in while the site was being updated. Try again, and please let me know if you still have problems. Thanks! Rick

Updated info for the cnc show.

Roland has updated the cnc workshop website with new information. Sounds like this may be the "woodstock" of the cnc Hobbiests! LOL! Rick

Cnc Workshop Show!

Just to remind everyone that the CNC seminar and show is less than a week away! I hope a lot of you are coming, as this may become a new "tradition" like the NAMES show was in the past! Imagine, people coming to see and exchange ideas about our hobby! Not like family and friends who get that "glassy eyed" look and say "that's nice" and walk out of the room! (can you tell that I am getting excited!) I looked forward to demonstrating at the NAMES show every year, and now we have our "own" show! If you are coming PLEASE stop by and tell me who you are! See ya next week!! Rick (Rick-O-Matic)

I'm a newcomer to the CNC world, but me and a buddy from Wisconsin will be making it this year to the CNC workshop. Hope to see all of you there!

cnc workshop/show

The great thing about this show is we will have a LOT of information available. From the "cheap and free" stuff (that's what I do!) to the high end products and services. Bring a note pad! I have found that in any conversation I always learn something new or a better way to do it!
    This should be a great week! Stop by and say "hi" when you are there!
    Also, a lot of the EMC (linux) guys will be there also!
    http://www.cnc-workshop.com/
    Have fun! Make chips, not smoke! Rick

cnc show is great!

Just wanted to let everyone know the show is great!!! It's been a great week so far and if you get the chance stop by Saturday or Sunday. A lot of the guys have been here all week long! Will post pics sometime next week! Rick

will there be pictures posted? Sure would like to go but I am about 1500 miles ot the west and have to work for a living.

cnc show was great!

Wow! What a blast! (fun and heat!) It was damn hot the whole week, but that sure didn't stop us from having a GREAT time! It was so cool to meet in the flesh with all the guys I have met on the web. When Roland gets the pictures together I will post the website they are on. He did a GREAT job putting this on! On the second day he was already talking about the next years show! I did the "cheap and free" talks and other people did seminars. Machines were retrofitted, and a lot was learned! The EMC guys were retrofitting an old Mazak. They worked in a pole barn building EVERY DAY in the sweltering heat, sometimes until 1 or 2 AM!!!!! Those guys are like pit bulls, they just don't quit!!!!
    Everything went so smoothly, that you would have thought that these have been going on for years... And hopefully it will continue for years!
    11 months and counting down..........................Rick

Rick,
    We met at the show. I agree it was a blast and I learned a great deal. Could you post the mcmaster ball screw number you talked about...or was it not mcmaster?
    Thanks, Matt

Had a great time meeting everyone there and gathered an invaluable amount of information the whole time. I was astonished by how nice everyone was and how smoothly things went. I hope this workshop goes on for years to come.

show stuf'

Hi Matt! The Mcmaster carr # is 5966K16 for the ball nut 23.50 ea. The screw stock is 5966k26 @1.25 per inch and the balls to replace the 68 that are in the nut are part # 9529K11, 100 for $4.75. Sure was a great show! Although the ride home (9hrs) was a drag.... See ya next year? Rick

Thanks Rick,
    I reset my trip meter on the jeep when I left the house. I put 2086 miles on round trip. Stopped at my sister's house in IN and then on my way to Cameron IL. I hope to be there next year, but Roland was thinking about up-ing the date to May, which is crunch time for teachers in NY. I learned a great deal at the show and enjoyed talking to the vendors as well as making a few new friends. I was one of the die hards that arrived on Monday and stayed until Friday.

I'm going into school tomorrow to work on a design for a small router and tweak my HF conversion. The Rick-o-matic made me jealous since you were getting more power out of those tiny steppers than I was out of ones twice the size. But I'll fix that!

Thanks again, Matt

CNC-workshop feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DieGuy
    will there be pictures posted?
    Here's the IMService report from the workshop:

http://ww.imsrv.com/cncworkshop/

Fred Smith - IMService
    http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby

Page 1 of 3 123