586,115 active members*
3,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CATIA G-code conversion

Hi,

I need help in converting CATIA v5 APT code into G-code. I am using Mach2 Controller software. Does anybody use CATIA v5 to machine the parts?

Thanks

Onkar

Quote Originally Posted by osdhillon
    Hi,

I need help in converting CATIA v5 APT code into G-code. I am using Mach2 Controller software. Does anybody use CATIA v5 to machine the parts?

Thanks

Onkar

I do. Just tell me the exact problem you've got...making G-code is very simple in CATIA.

Well I designed my part in CATIA v5 Release 13. In prismatic machining I was able to make machining process. Later I was trying to generate NC code and am able to save NC data as APT code. I am not sure which post processor file to use. I selected some and it gave in 'N' codes.

If you can please explain how do you generate G-code that would help me a lot. I am using Mach2 for my home made CNC router

Thanks

Onkar

I am not able to help you with your choice of actual post processor, you have to give it a try and find out which one suits you best. I recommend you choose IMS Post Processor in Tools-Options-NC Manufacturing-Output.

I'll assume that you have defined the Manufacturing Program correctly. Open Part Operation.1 (from the tree), then Machine. There, under the Numerical Control tab you could try PPTableSample.pptable for Post Processor words table and haas.lib for Post Processing as a first choice. Be sure to input values for Min interpol. radius and Max interpol. radius, otherwise you'll have no circular interpolation.

Now you have to highlight the Manufacturing Program from the tree and select "Generate NC Output in Batch Mode" from the toolbar. Under In/Out tab you'll choose NC Code as your NC data type. Choose the name and the path of the output file and click Execute. Wait until the DOS prompt window disappears (if it wants you to input the program number do so) and you'll get your G-code.

I see that you have mentioned that you had managed to get a code with N codes...that is exactly the way your G-code should look like. In case your controller does not recognize line ("N") numbers, just erase them in a G-code editor.

Well, osdhillon, have you managed to get your G-code or what?

Quote Originally Posted by tex
    Well, osdhillon, have you managed to get your G-code or what?
    Hi Tex,

Yes, I was finally able to. I have two versions of CATIA and I have having hard time to direct to the right directory to PPT sample file, but in the end I got it. I am still in learning process. I am good in CATIA but haven't used the NC package much. I went through the tutorials and it seemed pretty easy. I am about to finish converting my mill into CNC and then I am building a CNC router (As Proffesional as the budget will allow) and I will be using CATIA to design and NC.

Thanks for your help

Onkar :cheers: :cheers:

I'm very glad to hear this.
    CATIA has great CAM modules...

i can also proceed upto creating apt but i dont know how to post is post is diabled in pirated let me know

Quote Originally Posted by kmukundank View Post
    i can also proceed upto creating apt but i dont know how to post is post is diabled in pirated let me know
    AFAIK any version of CATIA is able to create G-code and not APT only. Check out my previous posts. Of course, you have to choose IMS (for instance) post-processing in Options first.

Urgent... CAtia to G-code

i'm using catia to draw my part . Which feature in the catia can generate G-code. I never learn before. some one can help me. I'm very urgent because in one month i need to produce a part for my final year project before gratuate.PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Does anyone know of any tutorials for machining in Catia V5?
    I'm willing to pay if it'll be a good tutorial.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by labuda View Post
    Does anyone know of any tutorials for machining in Catia V5?
    I'm willing to pay if it'll be a good tutorial.
    thanks
    Do you have the original CATIA V5 help, it could be very useful if you are familiar with CATIA in general?

For beginners this could be useful:

http://www.sdcpublications.com/1-58503-321-9.htm

hi all.
    i need a .catprocess file, i want to extract APT or g-code for a college project.
    it's so immidiately needed...
    please heeelp me guuuuuuuyyyys