586,075 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > CNC mentor/clubs/hobby machinist in NY/Long Island area???
Page 4 of 4 234
    Quote Originally Posted by will gilmore View Post
    Hey. I'd love to get this going. I'll say a little about myself and maybe others can do the same.

I'm located in Long Island City, Queens. CNC mill, CNC lathe, manual bridgeport, various other stuff. I'd prefer to meet weekdays during or after normal business hours. Weekends are a possibility especially during the winter.

I'm interested in meeting other people interested in CNC especially people with electronics knowledge. I have several projects I'd like to work on (spindle encoder, MPG pendant, 4th axis, probe).
    Will do you plan to have any weekend meets in February???

Sure. When is good for you? Anyone else interested?

How about Sunday afternoons after 2pm???

Superbowl this weekend, cant do next weekend. 17th and 24th are possibilities. Anyone else interested?

CNC Club

very interested to get together
    have a CNC router

please let me know when

regards
    jan

CNC mentor/clubs/hobby machinist in NY/Long Island area???

I'm in central jersey towards the shore I have a smaller benchtop milling machine that I have almost converted to cnc and a lot of other tools drill press, grinder, hydraulic press, bandsaw and a bunch of other stuff, I also own my own seat to solidworks (professional level) solidcam 3d pro with I-machining, Bobcad v25 pro I'm interested in getting together with anyone who has knowledge in electronics, plc, motors, and that sort thing, it would be cool to meet some people into the same stuff.

Still interested in NYC Group

I am STILL interested in putting together a NYC metalworkers group!

I see that Will had one meeting, but it didn't seem to go anywhere. I'm now working in the area of Will's shop, so it would be more convenient if he wanted to hold some more meetings there.

Any NYC people please contact me here- Let's try to get something going!

Nelson
    South Bend Heavy 10L, Burke #4, Van Norman #12, South Drill Bend Press
    A home machinist site you might like: www.Hobby-Machinist.com

CNC mentor/clubs/hobby machinist in NY/Long Island area???

Where was the last meet? NYC is a little far for me not out of the question but I prefer to avoid the city

I'm still willing to host. We had one "meet" at assset's shop. It was just him and me. Weekends get harder for me to schedule as the weather gets nicer and the family wants to do things.

If people are in the NYC area we have been having open shop night on Tuesday after work.

Count me in. I now work in LIC near the Citicorp building. Weekdays are best cuz I'm already there. Let me know and I'll be there!

Sorry I have not been around to post much I have been down for sometime due to health issues. I have again been trying to grasp some 3d program for making molds. I have jumped threw hoops trying to learn different software. I have even broke down to try and pay some one for one on one but all they did was take the money and run. I am very green at this. as of now I'm using rhino. the main goal was to be able to make some plugs for some concrete molds.

Where are you from? I own solidworks and solidcam and would be willing to help,

I'm in upstate NY in middletown. Thank you for the offer.

I'm in central jersey but if you give me an idea if what you were trying to do maybe I can help, if you want to send me some more info in a pm ill send you my email

OK I will send you a PM. TY

Anyone still meeting around Long Island City, NY?

Nelson

I'm wanted to do a meetup I have had some trouble in the past with my medical and family to make it out I hope that I will be able to meet up with some one to fill in some blanks for me.

Hey guys I made a post in a different forum a couple days ago I did not get any answers I wondering if one of you guys could offer up some advice if you don't mind. I wanted to find a program to make design objects that I can can turn into plugs for making fiberglass molds out of. I have blender, Rhino, Maya, Zbrush.. now here is my real question. If i design something in zbrush, rhino that needs to be a set size what program would you use. I do have aspire for a output to cnc. I will put up a sample object of a shoe so you can see what I'm talking about. Now if you can picture taking the shoe and making it huge as to be used in a store display. What I would like to do if find the correct pipeline to go from my design product to a program that would let me set the scale, and break it down so I can cnc it out of foam and make a mold so I can rotocast a finished product of it. I hope this make sense. Thank you for reading. also I was wondering what you guys thought of the joe's cnc. I bought the plans for the pro pilot but I don't think I would be happy with the end result. later on I would like to build a 4 or 5 axcess version so I can glue sheets of foam and just have it cut the hole part out in one shot.

THanks in advance
    Gary

trouble in the past with my medical and family to make it out I hope that I will be able to meet up with some one to fill in some blanks for me.

Re: CNC mentor/clubs/hobby machinist in NY/Long Island area???

Anyone else here still interested in meeting on Long Island for CNC machining???

Page 4 of 4 234