586,121 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Serial connection

I have a Rover 346 running with RT480 postprocessor. I run it with a software called PanelCAM. It works fantastic on Windows XP and let me format the floppy with its the special formatting for machines running with RT480. But my Rover has a serial port and I would like to use it. As far as I understand, I need a software called RTCOM, probably from CNI but I am not sure no information about that on their website). But I have also heard that the protection dongle has been modified to make it run on XP. Has anybody some information about this ? How could I buy the version of RTCOM to make it run on XP ?

RTCOM

Hello

This probably isnt going to be of much use o you but I have a fw manuals from 321r 322 and 336L sitting here they al reference the serial connection as an extra module.
    There should be a manual solely about communicatiing via serial or ethernet control it has information about how to do this. It references alot of commuication nodes and forms in there.
    from memory the XENET protocol will communicate with the biesse machines however it isnt tha flash.
    Does yours have the ethernet controller in it? or serial only?
    The serial one is more for diagnostics and stuff like that then anything else.
    However if you are wanting to communicate file types without going to the machine the ethernet connection is the best form to do this in.

If you have any other questions just send me a message

rtcom can be ordered from biesse uk (make sure you have the serial card installed not just showing a serial port. il try to dig out pdf for this
    im sure it only works up to windows 95 as its dos based
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.