586,103 active members*
3,915 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > Fagor 8025 PLC-Intergated....Anyone know how to program

Fagor 8025 PLC-Intergated....Anyone know how to program

I have a Fagor 8025MGI Mill, Graphics, built in PLC.

I had a guy doing a retrofit to a Bridge Mill several years ago, he could never get the Tool changer to work right.
    He is no longer with us....

The machine has been sitting.....I do not know anything about the PLC programming and do not have time to learn it. I have never been able to find anyone that knows how to program the Fagor PLC.

Anyone out there?

thanks
    dan k

I know how Dan..... the 8025 does do PLC programming a bit different than our modern day controls, there is an exchange of marks between the CNC and PLC internally that work in conjunction with your I/O. Other than that, it is your typical equation Boolean format type PLC statement logic programming.

Where are you located.... I can perhaps direct you to somebody that is local that could help you.

Hi Todd,
    I am glad I happened to check back here, CNCzone never seems to notify of replies.
    I am in Upstate NY in the Elmira/Corning area.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by kmcwhq View Post
    Hi Todd,
    I am glad I happened to check back here, CNCzone never seems to notify of replies.
    I am in Upstate NY in the Elmira/Corning area.

[email protected]
    I've been in that area many years ago, we have a lot of controls at Dresser Rand and a few at Corning Glass..... or at least we used to, I assume they are still in alive and okay.

In any regards, your closest regional sales mgr is Wayne Nelson and can be reached at 973-773-3525, give him a call, I know he has mutliple Integrators who know the 8025, thus maybe he can put you in touch with one.

Naturally, you can also get technical help from Fagor Service..... just call 800-423-2467 and go to CNC Service.... with PLC issues, the best thing to do is if you are stumped is to print out your PLC program as well as your configuration/model #'s and fax or email it to them......never easy to troubleshoot issues over the phone, better to look at it on a piece of paper. You will get good answers, we have multiple engineers who know and understand the 8025 PLC programming very well. I would recommend the following two email address: [email protected] or [email protected] Both of these gentlemen know and understand the 8025 as well as anybody in the country.

Hope this helps !