587,051 active members*
3,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

duel machines

hello all, my first post. I run a plasma and a router off one computer and whenever changing machines i change the machine profile in deskcnc but also have to manualy change the post prosessor and options each time. I have tried loading two copies os deskcnc in two different directories but the config is defauled to c:documents and settings /deskcnc. both of my programs look for the last config used, regardless of being named differently. ie: deskcnc for router and deskcnc for plasma. the problem being that all machine configs are stored in one common directory and not seperate for each copy of the program. will partitioning the drive help, saving the two machines seperatly in c: and d: , or will deskcnc still put all configs in a common directory? sorry for the long post. appart from this minor problem I couldnt be happier with the function and simplicity of DESKCNC.

I also like DeskCNC. Could you setup each DeskCNC version on a separate PC? You would have to change the RS-232 cable, unless there is a switch for that. The keyboard, mouse, video can be switched with a KVM switch. PC's that are enough to run DeskCNC are inexpensive.

Jim

BTW, welcome to CNC Zone!

thanks for welcome, 2nd computer is an option, however a simple "file" fix would be nice.