586,477 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question FANUC "EZ Guide"

Hello
    I currently am using Fanuc 21i-tb with a Daewoo 240L Lathe. I want to install EZ Guide. My understanding is that the controller already has the program but it must be unlocked. I have seen this done before but I never figured it out. I want to learn this proceedure because it would be very useful in my situation.

If during the boot up of the control, you see that ezguide is loading, then you are correct. It is in there. Also if you press the CUSTOM key, you should see the ezguide page flashing. This also confirms that it is loaded.
    There are parameters that need to be changed to get it to work. I cannot tell you how as we are a dealer and this is an option.

George

George

i work for a dealer also, and for versions of software before DEK1-15 it was pretty staight forward to turn on. this all goes to the arrogant stance of fanuc, not GE fanuc.
    The dallas office of fanuc will waste my companys time now( and this policy has changed this year) to tell us that they have to send service before they will send the obvious part to fix customers machine under fanuc warranty. i have had this happen several times in last year, i tell customer need this from fanuc under warranty and then have to go explain why they have to wait for fanuc rep to come in and agree with me. fanuc should watch out, large companys may get fed-up and go to seimens,etc...

thanks

Hello Fanucaholic

Could you please take alook at this link an verify if EZ guide is installed properly on this machine.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99061

Thanks so much for your time

Mike

can anyone tell me where i can buy the EZ-Guide i software that i can run on a PC thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c.catanese View Post
    can anyone tell me where i can buy the EZ-Guide i software that i can run on a PC thanks
    As far as I know, you can buy Manual Guide-i for PC from Fanuc. I don't believe Doosan offers EZ Guide-i for PC.

also bear in mind it is several thousand dollars and most of the cad/cam software out there is better (and some of them are cheaper too).

If you go to Doosan, they might sell you NC Guide Pro with the EZ files installed inside it, so you can run EZ Guide on a PC. I know this is what Nakamura do for their Luck Bei system, i have used theirs and it works well.
    Ben
    http://www.cncapplications.co.uk