586,103 active members*
3,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Miller Spectrum 375 Flow issue

Greetings,
    So I recently acquired a CNC cutting table which was converted from and old HPGL drawing plotter. Kind of a Frankenstein contraption, but fairly genius none-the-less!
    My issue is the airflow with my Miller Spectrum 375, which comes on at the squeeze of the trigger and turns off with a second squeeze of the trigger instead of turning off when the trigger is released. Which would not work for the cutting table as the trigger only receives an on and off command, not two signals two turn the air off. So Can the cutter be rewired or bypass a relay so that when the trigger is on, the air and plasma is on, and when you let go, the air and power is off (as opposed the the air continuing to run)?
    So either constant flow or delayed flow shut-off, but not controlled by the second trigger signal.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
    Greg

Shouldn't be an issue.... Post flow cools the consumables. pressing the trigger briefly is an override.
    Now if the post flow does not shut off after 10 to 20 seconds (I'm guessing time for the 375, I have a Hypertherm,) then you might have a problem.

Yeah, I'd just check for any needed purge(pre) and cooling(post) times and set your relays accordingly. If you don't find any specific times, 30 seconds on each end should be well more than enough.