586,525 active members*
3,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mazak v5 micrcenter w/ fanuc 6m b dnc??

Ok here goes. I am trying to run a mazak v5 by way of dnc. We just bought this machine at auction. it has an rs232 db25 port on the tape reader and I am trying to use that to upload code from mastercam. I don't know if the port is factory or not and the factory manuals leave a lot to the immagination and are obviously translations. I cannot seem to find a (recieve) screen anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this machine used to be owned by AMPEX in colorado, so if any of their old employees are here your help would be GREATLY appreciated.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I once owned a chiron with a fanuc 6mb control. I could load programs to memory via the rs232 port, but was told by fanuc that it didn't have the capability to drip feed or dnc via rs232. You can purchase a btr(behind the reader) card that simulates the tape reader through the rs232 port. These are available from a number of places, like fanuc, predator, and cadem I think. They run about $1500.

Fanuc 6 DNC

The DB25 on the Fanuc 6 is typically a bi-directional serial port for loading to the "limited" memory on the control. In order to DNC (drip feed) you must use the tape reader.

For those who do not want to use a tape reader, you can purchase a BTR (behind the tape reader) which will emulate the tape reader and "trick" the CNC in drip feeding. The BTR is very small, can gain power from external power supply or tape reader port, and has DB9 serial port to connect to PC's serial port.

Put the machine in TAPE MODE and load any size program you wish with a BTR from Predator. More info or questions, give me a call.
    Greg Mercurio
    Shop Floor Automations, Inc.
    www.shopfloorautomations.com
    (619) 461-4000 Tel

NEED HELP

hi i have a mazak machine V5 micro center and it have an alarm "machine malf" i dont know what can i do to the machine working again if somebody can help me i will be very grateful