586,102 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Corel Graphics Suite 11 from 2003

Corel Graphics Suite 11 from 2003

Hi all,

I have been recently given a full original copy with serial number of the above software, is it any use for producing graphics eventually for my CNC machine, or is it simply too old and not enough features?

I guess I might be able to get an update, but its probably almost as expensive as buying outright and I don't have the cash for that at this time!

I don't want to spend time learning it and find out that it is completely useless for what I need....

Does anyone else out there use it still?

Regards

Der Fisherman

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Corel 11 will be absolutely fine for what you are trying to do.

We've used Corel for 20 years.... the upgrade path is nice and gentle with the same tools and features retained on every upgrade.... Corel only ever add features, they never remove.

Version 11 is a good package- my personal fav is v12. We are on x4 right now and the differences between 12 and x4 are mainly do with colour management and features for digital printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Signmaker View Post
    Corel 11 will be absolutely fine for what you are trying to do.

We've used Corel for 20 years.... the upgrade path is nice and gentle with the same tools and features retained on every upgrade.... Corel only ever add features, they never remove.

Version 11 is a good package- my personal fav is v12. We are on x4 right now and the differences between 12 and x4 are mainly do with colour management and features for digital printing.
    I agree My fav used to be v8, v9 was finicky. I skip to v12 which is now my personal fav. X3 & X4 nothing special....

Hi,

I would like to thank you and Signmaker for answering so quickly. (and anyone else who answers after I have written this!!)

I love CNCZone, quick answers before you can turn around once!

I would just to wish everyone a great Christmas / Chanukkah and a very happy 2010!

Regards

Der Fisherman

My software need V12 to X4

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Hi, My software (DXFTool and DragonCNC) does not work on V11, the Object Model was not mature enough. I need V12, X3 or X4. You can get an Academic copy of X4 by takinga CorelDRAW class at LVS online. This will qualify you for the Academic copy AND get you an extra 10% discount.

http://www.lvsonline.com/news.shtml#discount

http://www.lvsassociates.com/registe...roducts_id=269

-James Leonard
    James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com