586,121 active members*
3,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Home made pendant form game controller

Home made pendant form game controller

i remeber ahile back someone was telling me that they made a homemade pendant froman old game controller or joy stick.

I'd be interesting in hearing about it , if any has any knowledge of these.
    Thanks
    mark

Please feel free, which is [email protected] to contact me here or my regualr email address

Instructions for how to do this with EMC2 can be found here;

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emc...Remote_Pendant

HR

I fyou are using Mach3 any windows compatible game pad will work.

In the Mach3 folder such as C;/Mach3 there is a program called keygrabber that will allow you set which button does what in Mach.

If you search the zone for Keygrabber you will find a lot of information. The users manual that is at

http://www.machsupport.com/documentation.php

has more info on how to set it up.

I use the logitech dual action gamepad and it works well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/288&cl=us,en

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

you will find a lot of information about hacking everything from game controllers to keyboards and tons of materials over on the build your own arcade controls forums too
    http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/

I am sure there would be plenty of people over there that could use help from a machinist, and would be able to help immensely with that little project

That sounds interesting, I have a couple of USB microsoft gamepads collecting dust. I should be able to use one on my router.

Hi all,
    On the subject of gamepads I do have one pet peeve and it may just be my dumb fat fingers. I have mine set up to use the D-pad for the X and Y, not the joy sticks. When jogging using the D-pad, every once in a while I while go from jogging the X and must nudge the pad in some weird way and it will jump to the Y. It is not normally a problem but it could be a when edge finding or sneaking up on the edge of a part with an endmill.

Mike.

Mach also supports the Shuttlepro AV controller.

John

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALLYRC View Post
    Hi all,
    On the subject of gamepads I do have one pet peeve and it may just be my dumb fat fingers. I have mine set up to use the D-pad for the X and Y, not the joy sticks. When jogging using the D-pad, every once in a while I while go from jogging the X and must nudge the pad in some weird way and it will jump to the Y. It is not normally a problem but it could be a when edge finding or sneaking up on the edge of a part with an endmill.

Mike.
    ive programed my 1-2-3-4 button to work around that issue?
    the pokey55 is something i have watching that i think ready going
    to transform pendants.. has 8x8, 8x16 matrix programble keypads
    has lcd support for dro and step and jog rates etc..... encoders support also ,dio, and usb etc....

if you like more info check out the mach forum...pokeys55

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    ive programed my 1-2-3-4 button to work around that issue?
    the pokey55 is something i have watching that i think ready going
    to transform pendants.. has 8x8, 8x16 matrix programble keypads
    has lcd support for dro and step and jog rates etc..... encoders support also ,dio, and usb etc....

if you like more info check out the mach forum...pokeys55
    I played with it a while ago useing an XBOX game pad and a logitech gamepad. I found setting up the buttons was a much better option than useing the arrow pad. Since I got a wireless keyboard for my cnc machine, I just don't see the point of useing it anymore.

Hi Guys,
    I have the 1,2,3,4 mapped to other things so I cant use then for jogging.

The Po keys 55 from Po labs looks like a winner for a lot of I/O uses including pendants.
    I am in the process of designing a pendant from scratch for my personal needs, I will decide if I need a Pokeys when the basic design is done.

I had a wireless keyboard but didn't like the way it felt in my hands when setting up the machine but each of us has there own way of doing things.

Mike

perhaps a hack of a wireless keyboard to make a wireless pendant would be the trick?

Low cost pendant

Hi guys,
    I have a pdf for the MPG and wiring the pendant switches for Mach3 Mill.
    http://www.cad2gcode.com/cncprojects/id18.html
    Cheers
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a pdf for the MPG and wiring the pendant switches for Mach3 Mill.
    http://www.cad2gcode.com/cncprojects/id18.html
    Cheers
    Bob
    Book marked for later with a nice glass of Jack and Coke or a glass of wine if my wife is with me. Either will take the edge off of my normally hyper self.

Is it possible to rig up two controllers at once? If you type gamepad on the bay you get tons of auctions with two controllers for next to nothing. I want to tear them apart and make a big pendent with them. Can I just plug in both usb cords. I'm going for something like this http://www.hossmachine.info/projects_2.html# but not so advanced.