586,042 active members*
3,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where to Buy Steel Rule

Hi,
    i am thinking about making a die to cut packing end caps out of 2 inch PE foam. where can you buy steel rule. also from what i have see it has different pt. is the that thickness of the rule? and would pt should i be looking at for cutting foam?

also what kind of force would i need to push a die though 2 inch PE foam?

thanks
    Mike

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Re: Where to Buy Steel Rule

Hey Mike, I see your post here about where to get the blades and I am happy to tell you I could sell you blades at a VERY cheap price (for certain cutting rules only 1 or so a foot). If you are looking for bulk amount in the coil form I would recommend Marco Die Supplies. We at Milwaukee Steel Rule Dies have over 100 different heights, thicknesses, and different styles of steel rule for all sorts of applications. The standard 2pt rule is .028 thick and goes up .014 per point up so a 3pt rule is .042 thick and so on. The higher the pointage usually the more heavy duty material you are cutting. If this PE foam is 2 inches thick this could be challenging due to the foam wanting to move as it compresses but still easily done. Feel free to contact me any time at [email protected] or 414-265-6058 or visit our website at milwaukeesrd.com we will be happy to assist you with your questions for your future jobs.