586,051 active members*
3,646 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam 9.1 and windows 7
Page 2 of 2 12
    @Windows7Guy: These types of links are nearly worthless when you consider the complexity of the software and the target audience for the pages linked. I couldn't even find a broad category for software of this type. Bad Form!

thank for your advice it worked thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    Haven't been able to find an answer...

Anyone know if 9.1 will run on a Win 7 64bit system?

..Thinking about a Dell Latitude 6510, and the only other concern is the NVidia 512 NVS 3100M video card's compatibility with Open GL, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by ObrienDave View Post
    I run it, no problem.
    Win 7 64 bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ObrienDave View Post
    I should have specified that I run it under Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatability mode

I'm currently running MCam 9.1 under Win 7 Pro 64 on a Lenovo Thinkpad W530 (i7 with 20GB of RAM) with the Intel HD4000 / Nvidia Quadro K2000M video card (2GB of RAM). I have the system configured so Mcam uses the Quadro card.

I have MCam set to use OpenGL. I'm currently using XP SP3 compatibility mode. I have also tried NT5 mode, not much difference.

It works but it doesn't run nearly as fast as I think it should, especially when redrawing surface gridlines. MCam will redraw the surface gridlines on an old XP system running a 3DLabs Wildcat VP560 card much faster. Something is not optimized on the new system....

It runs fines and is stable, just not nearly as fast as I think it should be, any thoughts???

you are using a virtual setup there will be no control to speed this up. are you running this under nethasp config or using a USB dongle config?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I'm still struggling with getting Mastercam 9.1 to recognize the HASP in Windows Virtual PC - Windows XP Mode on a Windows 7 Pro machine.

I have followed EVERY thread, every instruction, everything I can think of (as a PC builder since the mid 1980's and a coder since the early 1990's) and cannot get 9.1 to recognize the HASP. I have transferred drivers over from the working machines, I have done everything that's been suggested, to no avail.

Is there anything you can suggest? Is there an actual "Step-by-step" anyone has posted, used, or could send me? All our versions of X are installed on the WIN7 Pro part and work great.

In the new machines with the WIN7 Pro and running the Windows Virtual PC - Windows XP Mode (which uses XP Pro x86 SP3) , MC 9.1 installs seamlessly, except for the Aladdin HASP drivers. The XP Mode screen shows the option to "Attach" the Hasp and the USB port it's in, which I do, but nothing changes. The red light on the HASP goes out and will not come back on until I exit out of VPC-XP Mode and into WIN7 Pro only, then it comes back on immediately.

I'm at a loss. I'm about to try installing our X2 version on the VPC-XP Mode to see if this solves it and recognizes the HASP and installs the drivers.

Any help is appreciated.

So far I do not know of a way to get to run under vertual pc never had a customer do that . I would contact CNC software.

if you were running a nethasp it is easier. I can run 9.1 in Win7 64bit with my nethasp this runs easily. but do not use it as X7 does much better then V9 could ever due.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

CADCAM -

I was able to make everything work finally. It just doesn't perform well. I think the fact the Windows Virtual PC-XP Mode runs in XP Pro 32-bit and limits system ram to about 3.3gb makes a huge difference in limiting Mastercam performance.

I'm curious how V9 or 9.1 can run under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with the nethasp. I would appreciate any info you could give me about setting that up. If it would let me eliminate the need to run V9.1 in XP and would let me use the single WIN 7 Pro 64-bit operating system, I would be REALLY happy. Since CNC Software and the vendors have stopped supporting V9/9.1 and pretty much don't want to deal with my X2 either, it's been tough to get any setup instructions or any system fixes to deal with the problems.

I thought V9/9.1 wouldn't run in the WIN 7 Pro OS, or I would have done that. I tried to install it on a WIN 7 Pro machine and could not make it work. I thought I read earlier that V9/9.1 had too many DOS-based components to run correctly in the WIN 7 environment, but it would be nice if I was wrong. Coming from an IT background that does not include ANY CAD/CAM software experience may be holding me back.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sir you would need a Nethasp key to implement this that is different then the standalone hasp. are use using a USB key hasp now?
    I do suggest updating and getting away from the old slow V9 series as there has been allot of great changes and a to start much faster.
    I do not there are some out there that just do not want to embrace the change but in the long run it is better in many ways. As of X6 there is now even a true 64 bit system.
    Cadcam

Re: Mastercam 9.1 and windows 7

Lotto India is a game of chance that is played in the country. It was launched on 1 September 1997. The Indian government regulates the lottery market and provides licenses to private operators.

Page 2 of 2 12