586,032 active members*
2,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v22 access denied
Page 1 of 2 12

v22 access denied

Ok so I've got v22 something that I thought might be going against my better judgment since Ive seen how many problems people have had with getting it to work with vista , but for the price I bought it for and since I run xp i figured it may work ok , unfortunately its not , I've got bobart as well so i would think that it could do planer cuts and such but its straight 2d at this point and it will post 2d ,
    when I try anything 3d then bobcad wants to hit the internet (ignoring the dongle ) then i get a pop up saying "access denied"
    I've got the latest version of the software , Ive tryed to upgrade the license as that was a supposed fix , ive installed the access denied patch or whatever that was supposed to be
    am i wrong in thinking that if this has bobart that it should do 2.5d at least or did i shot myself in the foot by buying the notorious v22

has anyone here had the same issues and can offer some inspiration
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Dertsap,

It's the Dongle. It needs to be sent back to Bobcad.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Dertsap,

It's the Dongle. It needs to be sent back to Bobcad.
    what would be the problem with the dongle ? its cooked ?
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    what would be the problem with the dongle ? its cooked ?
    I do not know the exact problem but I believe it needs reprogramming or it is missing info for the License.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I suppose its the new addition to my scrap heap , I figured I'd give the software some benefit of the doubt , I'll cut my losses

I suppose its the new addition to my scrap heap , I figured I'd give the software some benefit of the doubt , I'll cut my losses
    You did pay money for it, it might be worth a phone call to see what your options are.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    You did pay money for it, it might be worth a phone call to see what your options are.
    ya but not thru bobcad and i know how that will play out , they'll just try to talk me into buying the latest version

Is the dongle licensed for bobart?

Follow this link then download the V22 ACCESS DENIED patch.

If that link doesn't work, www.bobcadsupport.com/tech - Click on BobCAD Support Software Correction Files - Click on "Access Denied V22 Patch.exe

Don't run it from the site, download to your desktop, then install. You can delete it from the desktop after it does it's thing. Let us know if that fixes you up.

EDIT: My reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. I see you already did this. Hmmm. It's probably worth a try at uninstalling and reinstalling. I've never had to do this personally to fix anything but it works like magic for other people.

its licensed for bobart , so it should be capable of doing the 2.5d
    Ive tried a reinstall , also tried loading it onto another pc , I was hoping to have it in use for some funky fixturing that I'll be working on next week , I farted around with it for a good while yesterday and last night , I'll try playing with it again later but i more or less give up on it

its licensed for bobart , so it should be capable of doing the 2.5d
    Ive tried a reinstall , also tried loading it onto another pc , I was hoping to have it in use for some funky fixturing that I'll be working on next week , I farted around with it for a good while yesterday and last night , I'll try playing with it again later but i more or less give up on it
    Your PC wouldn't happen to have a RAID Control would it??
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

what the heck is that Toby ? I've tried it on my pc and my sons pc (older compaq) and got the same thing , I'll try the laptop next which was going to be the main computer for it .
    its probably like you said , the dongle is screwed . funny thing is it will post 2d stuff

Read this:

I have a RAID Control on one of my PC's.

Here is the Link

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/...ardware-c.html
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Here is another Link on RAID Control from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_array_controller
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I don't have any of that gear
    tried the laptop , same thing again , that's probably why the other guy sold it . oh well one night out and i can easily piss the couple hundred so no great loss or animosity , it is what it is

I don't have any of that gear
    tried the laptop , same thing again , that's probably why the other guy sold it . oh well one night out and i can easily piss the couple hundred so no great loss or animosity , it is what it is
    LOL, but I'm sure your favorite poison does a little more for you.
    Sorry for your lose, but a phone call wouldn't hurt all that much, it might help. I just hate to see $$ go to waste.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

THe 2d toolpaths will generate without a license. The 3d toolpaths will NOT generate without a license. No code will post for either without a license.

BobCad help menu-license to read the dongle. THis will have the key tag information for the dongles license. The online update wont work here. Tech support will email a new license file to update the dongle if the license is corrupted on the dongle.

If it is a bad dongle (ie; hardware) I dont know what would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    THe 2d toolpaths will generate without a license.
    this is what is strange to me is the fact it will post the code , i can save models in all available formats but the 3d is toasted , maybe I'll give them a call on monday , my patience with this sort of stuff runs thin so I'll see what happens
    I'm sure after the arguments that I've been into with the support guys here on the zone that they will be quite happy to here from me

I'm sure after the arguments that I've been into with the support guys here on the zone that they will be quite happy to here from me
    Be sure to post back here with the outcome. I'm sure they will enjoy speaking with you.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

OIC. This does sound more like the access denied patch thing. I do remember seeing a guy that required something special from the tech guy's that the generic patch didnt handle.

It's caused by a licensing change that happened awhile back with regard to the interfacial stuff BobCad uses. But I'm pretty sure they can get it going.

Also, did you get your V22 build 1137 installation file from the BobCad Tech site?

Page 1 of 2 12