Hello everyone, hope I'm in the right area for this, my first post, not exactly new to the world of CNC routing, was introduced a few years back by a co-worker and knew I had to have one, so several years later we designed and made twin CNC routers 3' X 4' foot print, got mine up and running back in July of '09, had a few issues but figured it out and been working great, now we are trying to get the 2nd one up and running, been trying to figure out what the problem is but are having no luck in figuring out what is going on:
When I say twins, I mean everything is identical, except for the problem with machine 2, Using Mach 3, 2nd machine wired identical to the first machine, when we first open up mach 3 and got everything set up, when we move the machine to a set distance it moves what is instructed, load a test cut none of the axis will move what they are suppose to, they move about 6 times the instructed amount as told to move by the gcode file, can close the loaded file and try to move an instructed amount as you do when you jog the motors and it will not move as instructed, moves 5 - 6 times the amount it is suppose to, close mach 3, reopen it and it moves the instructed jog amount, load the test file and the same thing all over again, so we took the computer from my machine and hooked it to the 2nd machne and it works perfectly, it jogs the distance told, load a test file and cuts as designed. I hope this makes since, just putting it in words so others understand is a challenge, so I hope all who read this understand, any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jerry