Hi, I'm new here and really enjoy all the info I keep reading on these forums!

My first build isn't solely for machining wood, it's main focus is milling foam. I posted here because the only foam forum I found seemed to be based on hot-wire and not milling. Plus, it seemed to be rather inactive compared to this one.

The main focus of my machine will be plug making for large scale RC boats. I am wasting too much time designing boats in Rhino--> sending outlines of hull sections to my vinyl cutter/plotter--> transferring them onto plywood and cutting them out--> assembling the skeleton and filling the voids with foam--> cutting away excess with a hot-wire-----> you get the idea. I need a better way and would also like the capacity to do some woodwork!!!

Here's what I'm shooting for as far as travel goes:
X-52"
Y-32"
Z-18"

What I have so far:

-THK 20mm x 1000mm Ballscrew for my Y-axis

-Star 16mm x 600mm Ballscrew for my Z-axis
-(2) Unknown manufacturer 16mm x 600mm linear rails for my Z-axis

-Rexroth 1700mm Ballscrew (but it's 38mm so I'll probably sell it for funds)

-Bosch Colt PR20EVS for my "spindle"

(I have been speaking to Chai at linearmotionbearings2008 about acquiring the rest in one order from him--> (2) 1000mm supported rails, (2)1500mm supported rails, and a 1500mm ballscrew)

Table/Gantry building materials:

-several linear feet of 85mm x 85mm 80/20 type slotted aluminum (I say "type" because I'm not sure of the manufacturer)

Software:

-Rhino 4.0 w/RhinoCAM, RhinoMarine, Tsplines

-AutoCAD 2010

-Mach3

Now for the questions:

-My ballscrews have different pitches. Am I correct in assuming my software can overcome this issue?

-Would a Gecko G540 be a good candidate for this machine?

-Any info on the quality of linearmotionbearings2008's (ebay seller) parts? I don't ecpect them to be the best thing out there, but for the price it might get me rolling quickly and if I do expand the table in the future, it will be those parts that will be swapped out first.

I'll post pics as I get rolling.

Thanks!