586,616 active members*
2,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Single block issues

Has anyone else had and problems with the single block function in Mach3? I've been having problems with the software jumping lines of code after I take it out of single block mode. This has happened to me twice.

Hi,
    Are you sure the machine actually skips the blocks when this happens and not only the G-code display? I believe there are some syncing issues with the G-code display and I seem to remember this being one of them, the display either jumps the number of lines you have the look ahead set to or to the next M-code in the code, whatever is "closest". The actual machine however should not skip any code.

/Henrik.

Yes, The machine cut through the part on its way to the position indicated by the line of code it skipped too.

That was how I noticed there was a problem.

Uuh, ouch...that's not good at all. I haven't had that happen to me but I don't do much cutting these days. I'd recommend you make a post on the forum at Machsupport.com or at the Mach3 Yahoo usergroup.

When/if you do try to be as specific as possible, what version of Mach3, are using the LPT-port or an external pulse engine (Smoothstepper for example), what does/did the code look like, on which line did you turn off singled block etc. That will make it easier for other users to try to verify it and for Brian to find it, hopefully.

/Henrik.

Thanks. I looked on their website and noticed a couple other people having similar problems, but with feedhold instead of single block.

Thanks

Run it at full wack without stopping may be the solution :devious: