586,096 active members*
3,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

migrating/upgrading Alphacam to new PC

First off, this is my first post on this forum and after skimming through some of the threads i can see i'm already way out of my depth, having had precisely '0' formal CNC/CAD/CAM training, only what i've learned through using the machines.

The setup i'm running is two standalone Anderson Stratos CNC's each driven by a 'Fanuc 0/00/0-Mate' NC, each of which is hooked to its own PC Running Alphacam Standard Router 7.5

We want to upgrade to Alphacam 2010, which means new PC's.

Will it simply be a case of backing up C:\LICOMDAT\RPOSTS.ALP\postX.arp and C:\LICOMDAT\RTOOLS\MYTOOLS\*.* for each machine, and copying them back to the new PC's - or are there other more technical tasks also?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Im currently looking at getting an Anderson Stratos SUP and have been using AlphaCAM since v6 now using 2011 Ive been looking for Post file thats compatible would I be able to get copy of your one? if you require anything trade/cost/other please let me know that would be most appreciated. As for your question you should copy the whole "LICOMDAT" AND "LICOMDIR" onto a backup usb key to retain all of your tooling and post data etc.. then after your new install copy over the new directories created (Even back them up if you are unsure) but this will work fine. we have different cnc brands (Thermwood, Centroid, Hitachi, Hyundai) also whats your opinion on the Anderson Stratos is it worth the cost? Thank you