586,102 active members*
2,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jogging window...

Is there a way to change that ugly gray jogging box???

I know you can set the parameters for joystick control or that playstation look-alike, but the gray box remains the same... Its large, and ugly. (but I do like the playstation arrow buttons they are nice)

Is there a way to change that box?? Or just get rid of it all together without having to hard-code the entire routine?

I am under the impression that I could just use thier jog control, or make it invisible and set up my own with buttons and code. My problem is that I am short on buttons.

Any suggestions??

I made some Jog buttons with direction arrows on them, do you have the BUTTONSTATE command for simulating a momentary push button as opposed to push-on push-off?
    If you are going to use alot of on screen push buttons, you may want to consider a touch screen in place of a mouse or on screen arrow as this can be a pain for shop floor use, you can get them reasonable price on ebay, look for ELO though as I have found their product & support best.
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

AL,
    As far as I can tell, I can put any graphic I want for a jog button.. (yes I have button state command) But the graphic will appear in that gray box..
    I want to get rid of that gray box and just leave the joystick or playstation graphic.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks again,
    Murphy

From Camsoft support.

Using the BUTTONSTATE command.
    Do a search on BUTTONSTATE.

QUESTION 210
    Using a touch screen for jogging, how do you know when a button is being
    pressed down or let up?

There is a command called BUTTONSTATE that lets you know if a certain on-
    screen button is being pressed down with a mouse or finger or when your
    finger or mouse lets up off the button. For example, to jog the X axis
    with a touch-screen button, the logic below begins the axis traveling to
    a location that it cannot possibly reach. As soon as your finger hits
    the button, the logic runs jogging the X axis with the POSITION command.
    As long as your finger is holding the button down, the button state is 1.
    As soon as you let go of the button, the state changes to 0 thus allowing
    the logic to execute the STOP command.

POSITION 1;999
    :LOOP
    BUTTONSTATE 11;\55
    IF \55<>0 THEN GOTO :LOOP
    STOP

Al

Albert E.

Al,
    Thanks for all your help, but it was mis-directed ..
    Check out the photo below..

I can make the playstation (the 4 button in the middle) look like anything I want.. (I just tell the wife to draw something up and rename it)

But do you see that gray box around the button? I can not get rid of that ugly gray box..

Do you understand what I am talking about now? The code I got!!! I am finding that working with the camsoft coding and grammer to be somewhat straight forward and easy to figure out. (im getting better )

Thanks again Al the Man.
    Murph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Example1.jpg  

What I meant was, just remove the default jog joystick and instead incorporate individual buttons using the BUTTONSTATE.
    Al

Albert E.

Great idea but...

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man
    What I meant was, just remove the default jog joystick and instead incorporate individual buttons using the BUTTONSTATE.
    Al

I understand I can just use 2 buttons.. (my machine only has 1 axis).
    I dont have the extra buttons to spare Buttons are expensive real-estate and if I can figure out how to get rid of the ugly gray, i'd rather do it that way. There has to be a way for me to get it so that only the playstation graphic shows on the white screen.
    There is one thing I really like about the camsoft software.. There is always a work around. It may not be exactly what you visioned, but its always there.

I am just now learning that screen space is also expensive!!!
    Bye the way, I want to thank you for your advice about the TOUCHSCREEN. That's a great idea!!! The minute this thing turns a profit, I will be going with that option... :cheers:
    Believe it or not, my laptop is a touch screen.. IBM THINKPAD. I hate this computer.. The resolution on the screen is crap and I use it to store large professional photography files when on the road. But for CNC control, it would be perfect!!! (to bad theres no way to hook it up).

Thanks for your help! AGAIN.. :wave:
    Murphy

Murphy,

On the SETUP screen under Design Operator Screen you will see a button titled Jogging Window simply un-check the box labeled VISIBLE.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by camsoft
    Murphy,

On the SETUP screen under Design Operator Screen you will see a button titled Jogging Window simply un-check the box labeled VISIBLE.

That seems to have disabled the JOG function...
    When I click the finger icon, the jog no longer works.

Perhaps I wasnt specific.
    I want to keep the playstation graphic jog buttons. (I like the way you made them light up when pressed) But I want to get rid of the gray box that surrounds that playstation graphic. (I need to keep the jog function)

You mentioned the visible property.. Can I set that with code? At least this way, if its not possible to do it the way I want, I can make it invisible.

Thanks!

Murphy,

The keyboard jogging image is either visible or not. As long as you using keyboard jogging method.

As Al mentioned you can make up buttons on the screen that you click in or touch on but if that's not an option, there is always a cheap $25 joystick that uses a standard USB port.

No wiring, just plug it in. But before you think of this you would have to remove all the other logic that operates the 11 buttons in the Joystick.FIL file or re-assign their meanings, so they don't conflict with what you've already done.

The screen you showed one of the others here looks pretty good with enough room for the jog box.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I guess I keep the gray box then.

Eventually, I think I will hook up that USB joystick.... For now, I will deal with the gray..

Thanks!!!
    Murphy