586,068 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

no "jog" screen in mp3000-dthc-ubob profile

hi. I have a Bulltear table and running the mp3000-dthc-ubob profile from the setup disc.

The pop-out jog screen from hitting 'tab' is not functional.

the buttons don't work and there is no skin. Jog on the keyboard works, as well as rapid with shift.

the bitmap skin image is in the mach3/bitmaps/candcnc folder.

there is no 3rd "ccc" plug-in in the mach3/config/config plug-ins. I'm not sure if that is the problem, i don't know if "pendant" is for this jog screen or if it is for using a game controller. I can't find that 3rd "ccc" plugin on the install disc that is refered to in the manuals. (edit - ok, that is for the game controller, doesn't need to be there.)

I tried the obvious reloading of the profile .exe, but it didn't help.

What to do? thx!

Hi Creepy

Did you try to move click with the mouse on the jog buttons when hit Tab key, they arent functional via keyboard.

greetings

there are no buttons on the pop-out jog menu. its blank with some led's and labels. no skin, no functions.

Why don't you ask the guy that made the screens and wrote the plug-ins? We have a very active support list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/candcncsupport/ we support our electronics on the forum...no matter where it came from.

BTW I am the guy that made the screens. I did not implement the tab flyout because if you are at the computer to use a mouse the jog keys are right there at your fingertips. Using our machines here, constantly, we find it much more logical to use either the keyboard or a pendant than hitting tab, finding the mouse and pushing a screen button. Besides you can't hit two (or three) buttons on the screen at the same time so jogging multiple axis or going a rapid jog needs the keyboard.

We seldom jog our machine after it's setup for the first job. With home switches and a knowledge of the table dimensions all layout (in sheetCAM ) is done in absolute cooridinates from X0Y0 (homes). There is a Load Material button that lets you define a table position to move your gantry out of the way to load material.

Use your table for a while and if you really need the flyout contact me (e-mail is on the Website listed below) or via the Support Forum. We can also help you with plasma cutting questions and other non-electronics or software issues.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

uh - I'm still getting my head around where to post for best answers, new to all these forums. I thought this was the correct place. (wrong) its labelled as "Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Plasma / Laser" forum. One would not expect they were in the wrong spot using Mach3 and cutting with a plasma

I guess i see your point on the flyout, i just thought there was something wrong because its 1/2 there, but doesn't work. no problem then, i an fine with the keyboard after a day or two of using it, and am planning to get a game controller.

thx, and i'll check out your forum.

I thought this was the correct place
    There are no "official" support forums here. Just a bunch of users (and a few companies) helping each other out.

Most companies have their own support forums.

Some questions here are answered almost immediately. Some never get answered. If you don't get an answer here, then the manufacturers forum may be a better choice.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

10-4

thx!