586,446 active members*
3,765 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Items from ebay linearmotionbearings2008

Items from ebay linearmotionbearings2008

I am in the process of collecting all the parts for my first 'real' router.
    Will be used for PCB router all the way up to parts for RC cars and helicopters.
    I have a huge array of stepper motors and other items but have always struggled with finding a good design / source for the linear motion.
    I have come across an ebay store that is based in China (http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/linea...__W0QQ_armrsZ1)and his prices are very cheap for linear slides and ball screw.
    I have picked a kit and while it is a huge over kill for what i need it is not much more then the smaller ones.

What i would like to know is what is the quantity like of the 20mm slides and 16mm ball screws?

Has anyone else used them?

Thanks

Dont know about the Linear rails but I have some 20mm 5mm pitch ballscrews from them and they are Ok, not top quality but well worth the money.

I had them machine the ends for me and there work was good, it wasnt worth me doing it myself for what it cost extra, even thou i've got a lathe it wasnt worth the risk of messing up and didn't cost me much more than a new TC bit.

Chai who runs it is a good man to deal with and very helpful.
    Fully recommend him.

See this thread about people's experiences with Chai.
    Nothing negative so far. I'm certainly happy with my purchases.
    Regards
    Geoff

Thanks for the link Geoff

Looks like they are the go for what i need. Just need to work out how i need the ends machined.

Thanks

The prices for the linear rails and bearings are great but the outrageous shipping charges makes it a no deal for me. Ridiculous.

The items are coming from China. I'm not sure if the shipping is high. Shipping looks fair to me when I look at his US eBay store. But I haven't ever tried to ship anything to China either to know the prices.

I have used the 16 mm ball screws and end bearings. Quality is OK and for the price is fantastic. End support bearings have no measurable end play when tested under load. Apart from the odd lucky find on ebay this is a good source of liner motion parts and they are very good at doing specials to your drawings.

Happy machine building with these parts

Pat