586,946 active members*
2,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JLyons View Post
    If you go online to tormach.com and to novakon or bobmill.com, the numbers are all right there, the bigger of the two are very closely priced.
    Tormach's smaller one is about twice the weight of the bobmill 375, which is bigger than I wanted.
    I am still waiting its arrival.... I hate waiting.
    JL
    My mistake I was looking at the 2300 which is 14995.00

Very interested in your experiences! Keop us posted please.

MD

Didn't want to rush anyone....but how's it going?

Learning is Slow

I wish I knew someone that is close by using one of these.
    I am learning but it would be faster to have someone that could run through and do a checkout run for me.
    I have run it through a few paces, but I still have a long way to go.
    I am learning BobCad, BobCam, Mach3, BobArt, BobNest, Alibre and the machine itself, My time has been limited due to the various home projects.
    I have a couple of small jigs I want to make, I should make them on the mill out of aluminum, but they are very simple and it would be easy to do it on a drill press.

here we go...

JL

What happened? The web domain named BobMill.com has been locked and is now displaying a web page which appears to indicate that the Domain may be for sale!

I'm doing a survey of machine tools to see how many use the PC Parallel Printer Port. If I can't find the information online then I'm asking in the specific machine tool forums. Anyone know if BobMills use the PC Parallel Printer Port for communicating with the controller?

Bobmill

You might try the following URL for their contact information. They don't list how the 4 axis controller is fed on their specification PDF. Good luck.

BobMILL 1175 | TurnKeyMills | complete cnc Turn-key package comes with everything you need to get started... machines specs

Quote Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll View Post
    What happened? The web domain named BobMill.com has been locked and is now displaying a web page which appears to indicate that the Domain may be for sale!

I'm doing a survey of machine tools to see how many use the PC Parallel Printer Port. If I can't find the information online then I'm asking in the specific machine tool forums. Anyone know if BobMills use the PC Parallel Printer Port for communicating with the controller?
    The Mill with Servo drives uses an Ethernet Connection to talk to the Drives and Master Control Board. It also has a USB connection to a remote Ethernet card. The PC is an Industrial type PC running Windows 7, with a touch screen.
    I swapped the Mach3 Screen though to one I'm use to.