586,956 active members*
3,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

It's here... yes!

Now I just have to figure out how to get it out of my truck and into the shop.
    and how to set it up, and how to.....
    I figure a few months learning it and cutting wax, then some real parts. Then I will resurrect my knife making and start with some folders and automatics, maybe some parts for my AR-15 habit.....

JL

I'm really enjoying my V23 Bobcad. I wasn't sure what I was getting into really, after dealing with their less than proffesional salesteam, but I wound up getting it cheap enough I figured it had to be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JLyons View Post
    Now I just have to figure out how to get it out of my truck and into the shop.
    and how to set it up, and how to.....
    I figure a few months learning it and cutting wax, then some real parts. Then I will resurrect my knife making and start with some folders and automatics, maybe some parts for my AR-15 habit.....

JL
    The 375 is roughly the size I'm looking at. Right now I can make the 40 mile trip to the shop and do my hobby stuff but I'd rather go down to the basement and quietly whittle away at my own leisure. Very interested in your thoughts. Please keep us posted!

In the shop.....

OK, took 4 of us to get it out of the truck and into the shop.
    I have started putting it together, If I thought I could have handled the tormach I would have gone that way.

There are a few issues right off the bat, some of the threaded holes in the stand had to be re-tapped, because of paint and crap. There are also small detail stuff that the Chinese manufacturers just cant get right. like the flexible wire conduits going to the stepper on the left side, It's not put on right so I have to redo it,, aaarrrggghhhhh!
    Anyhow, we'll see what else I find once I really get into it....