586,242 active members*
3,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 2 issues with Mastercam X4

2 issues with Mastercam X4

I am lucky enough to have access to MasterCam X4 at my school, and while going through some self paced tutorials I have come upon 2 issues that I cant figure out. I would ask one of the instructors if I could catch them around but a lot of times they are not there except for class.

1. When I try to join 2 entities, I always get an error telling me that the selected entities cannot be joined. for example, If I create a half of a part with a circle in the middle, and mirror it completeing the part, I cannot select the 2 arcs that are generated from this action and join them together.

2. when creating a pocket toolpath, after selecting all the parameters for toolpath generation and then back ploting the operation, I get an error saying that the profile is not correct, it doesent keep anything from posting, but there has to be a reason it is giving me that error and was hoping someone else may have had the same issue before and could help out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MugenSeiki5T View Post

1. When I try to join 2 entities, I always get an error telling me that the selected entities cannot be joined. for example, If I create a half of a part with a circle in the middle, and mirror it completeing the part, I cannot select the 2 arcs that are generated from this action and join them together.
    Delete one of the arcs.

Then:

Edit Menu

Trim / Break

Close Arc.

2. when creating a pocket toolpath, after selecting all the parameters for toolpath generation and then back ploting the operation, I get an error saying that the profile is not correct, it doesent keep anything from posting, but there has to be a reason it is giving me that error and was hoping someone else may have had the same issue before and could help out.

i normaly have this when the T/C planes are not correct
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

ru still javing that problem or have you figured it out

I had the same problem. You have to first convert all the lines to NURBS then they'll all fit together like peanut butter and jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Genopsyism View Post
    I had the same problem. You have to first convert all the lines to NURBS then they'll all fit together like peanut butter and jelly.
    You do not want to turn them all into Nurb splines as this would make for more code and need allot of filtering and would not fix the issues.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .