586,108 active members*
3,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MV jr around 86 year

I have not had too much time to mess with my new mv jr, but I started it up today moved it around and ran the spindle a little. Stopped the spindle and was talking to someone, all of the fans where running, I have the spindle cover off right now so it's more noisy then usual. Anyway we were talking for about a half an hour and I noticed a fan shut down, kept talking for a while then went to play with the machine again, and noticed an error message #46, I think it said spindle error. Looked in the book to see what it was for and there is nothing listed next to the 46 error listing.
    BTW the fan that shut down was the spindle motor fan, is this fan monitored? Anybody know off hand where the breaker/fuse is for this fan?
    Looked though the book did not see anything, need to dive deeper hoping someone might have some ideas that will shorten my dive.

Any help or ideas would be great, thanks
    Andy

If it's a Fanuc, it has a fuse on the spindle drive unit. Once the fuse goes, you get that alarm. Change the fuse, remove the fan and clean/replace it as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    If it's a Fanuc, it has a fuse on the spindle drive unit. Once the fuse goes, you get that alarm. Change the fuse, remove the fan and clean/replace it as needed.

Great, Thanks

Andy

You are a smart man thanks, fuse was blown, pulled off the fan, seemed to spin freely, cleaned it, tested the 1uf cap measured good, put the fan back on replaced the fuse and it works, Yah. I am concerned that that it may blow again because I did not really fix anything, yes the fuse maybe old and it just decided to give up, but I noticed that there is another wire hooked up to that fuse, it seems like it goes back in the drive somewhere does anyone know where this goes or what it controls, I would like to see if this second load has any issues.

Thanks
    Andy

Not certain on that one. It may go to the spindle drive unit fan on the back of the drive, but i'm not sure.

Not certain on that one. It may go to the spindle drive unit fan on the back of the drive, but i'm not sure.
    I'll see if I cant get a meter hooked up and see what each is pulling, also see if I can get to this fan also and check if it is that wire.

Thanks
    Andy

serial info

Sorry to do this, does anyone have the serial (RS232) parameters for an 86ish MVJR, I would presume they are standard. I am trying to get a machine recently got up and running.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Andy