586,740 active members*
2,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Making Signs with BobCad

Making Signs with BobCad

Hello all,

I completed a 3 axis maching and bought BOBCAD V23 with BOBART. I have made a few designs but I am trying to get down a simple and efficient way to draw up signs. I would like to make some signs with embossed pictures and think there has to be an easier process than what I am doing. Any suggestions or people willing to tuitor me. Maybe someone could post their process of their own sign example. That would help me a lot! Maybe some screen shots of the process would be the easiest and best way for others to understand. We could make this thread very useful!

Thank you!
    Rich

Have you checked out the bobcad channel on youtube?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcadcamSupport
    and also the bobcad forums

signs

Greetings,
    signs are easy to do if you use the v-carve feature in bbcdv23. - making the sign look 3d from picking and choosing the toolbit to carve with is where you need to be creative. bobart is great but the finish toolpath takes some time to complete, (for big artwork). I drew an 11hour bobart cut , then re-did the project in v-carve mode and the actual time was 40min start to finish. I've done house signs,plaques, engravements, in wood,plastic and metal all with bbcdv23-v-carve feature and i like the results. I have some files i could send to you to try, also, there are dxf files with all sorts of artwork you can choose from (borders,banners frames. etc...) for reasonable prices.

Gadget

Gadget,

Could you post some photo's of what you're doing?

Joe

Greetings, here are a few of the things ive done w/v-carve feature, I also have some videos and a website if you want to view them. visit 3sectionmonk on youtube, and my website is [url=http://www.arrzeecustom.com].
    All of the plexiglass work i do in bobcad w/ the v-carve feature, & most of the lithopane work comes from bobartprox.
    I'm enjoying this hobbie.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0907081234.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	116907

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01944.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	116908

Gadget,

I wasn't able to see your website or youtube examples. Seems I'm not savy enough to get there although I copied and pasted your links.

I too enjoy the creative ventures of signs.

Norman Sign Company, Norman, Oklahoma, SandBlasted Signs, Sign Painter, Redwood Signs

Signs..

Hi,
    Thanks for checking- my site is down and i just shot a e-mail to the webhost.
    I just looked at your site-Iwould say you enjoy it also Nice work, impressive .

Bob

Try this link to the videos
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfD83BlYi2U"]YouTube - guide blocks.wmv[/nomedia]