586,096 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser electricity usage

Hi, everyone,
    I was wondering many Kw per hour a laser engraver from china uses ?

For example I have Chinese rabbit laser engraver 6090se with 60w tube.

I don't think that it uses 60w per hour when working, does it ? where is a lamp for lightning inside too

And how about counting all laser materials electricity usage? For example mine:

Water pump 600w - I use big water pump and no cooling machine
    Air pomp 60w - simple, was with a laser
    Exhaust machine ? - I don;t know how it's called for real, but this thing makes all smokes dissapear there is no "w" writen on machine, but it is simple propeller inside I think
    Computer with monitor about 200w- my guess
    Laser machine- ?

= 600+60+200+?+?= ?

Please help me with counting. I read a Litografa's reply, that normaly chinese laser with pomps and so on uses about 3000w, thats 3Kw, that meens If I work with my laser 6 hours a day 20 days a month, when the bill for electricity will be 360Kw per hour ?
    Sorry for my english

I measured under 3A on my 40W laser when running (total power for the system), so that's ~300W. That included the exhaust fan which is connected to the laser cabinet, but not the pump which I have separate. I always leave the internal lamp on but it's a CFL so doesn't use much energy.

I would estimate my total power consumption for the laser, PC and all accessories to be less than 600W (of course my 900lph water pump is only 13.5W).

Zax.

my experience show that approximately 50% of electricity consumption is for industrial water cooler. This water cooler (on picture) - best way for cooling lasers as it provide stability in temperature (longer tube life, stabile power on table). Reality is that not all peoples use this cooler due price. If you use aquarium pump - minus 1200 Wt

As we are selling lasers not for hobby, air extraction is also not hobby On second picture is air pump (on right is tube 102 mm diameter - for better understanding of dimensions). If you have simple channel air pump - minus 300 Wt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CHILLER_OLD.jpg   DSC_0097.jpg