586,094 active members*
3,758 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > converting pod system to spoilerboard-Masterwood Project 327

converting pod system to spoilerboard-Masterwood Project 327

Title says it all... Anyone know anything about doing this? Cost?

spoilerboard

Hi
    By spoiler board you mean, table?
    If yes can i ask what do you you want to do because i had the same question and a friend with a mw240 with pods and 40 vacuum told me a non cost trick.

Kosmas
    Masterwood 320

Trying to be able to nest.

Although I have never done this on a Masterwood, I have successfully converted several pod and rails to flat tables. One key consideration is alot of pod and rail machines are limited in "Y" axis travel. Primarily because the intent was to process precut panels not nest 4 x 8 sheets. This can really degrade yield, or require you to rotate sheets in order to nest. Most small pod and rails I have done this on were using them for applications other than wood ( plastics ).
    Other key considerations -
    Table Meduim - I recommend phenolic, bakelite
    Vacuum Pump - most P2P's are equipped with smaller vacuum pumps, more than likely you will have to upgrade to a larger pump.
    Plumbing - I typically use PVC to plumb to the new table
    Software - depending on what your machine is equipped with, you would want a nesting software. Typically I recommend that people don't need a CAM package to do point to point machines, but nesting really requires it.
    Tooling - once mounted you will want to cut the table on the machine. Most P2P owners do't readily have this type of tooling handy.

I do not know "figures" but it is not uncommon to spend $8-10K depending on how you want to upgrade and how much assistance you may need.

If any more questions feel free to email me at [email protected] or visit my website at CNC Custom Services and email me from there.

Hope this helps!

Mark T.