586,094 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VMC 1000/22 Rotary Table

We have a couple Mid 90's BP VMC1000/22, TNC 370, that have the Bosch z15 controller cards for the rotary table installed. Need some help in determining which rotary table to buy that will interface directly to these cards. Any and all info will be aprreciated.

Thanks

I have one Bridgeport machine (760DX) that I installed with a rotary table. It is a Troykee but the key to all this is that it has a Siemens motor in it.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have one Bridgeport machine (760DX) that I installed with a rotary table. It is a Troykee but the key to all this is that it has a Siemens motor in it.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have not been able to find a table with a Siemens motor on it so I'm thinking about changing the motor on one of the Tsudakoma tables I acquired recently.

Can you give me some specifics for a motor that will work with the Bosch Z15 driver?

I also need to buy a couple cable connectors to connect to the I4 socket on the distribution board. Are these unique to BP? Can't find any marking on them.

Bob

I would 'think' any servo motor with similar specs to the old interact machines would work, what are they [not at work] 90 volts, with a 10 volt tach. encoder might be harder, if the 370 is looking at the signal. later controls have a lot of parameters for encoders you you might be able to adjust

Thanks. I'll do some leg work and see if I can find a motor.

Any suggestions on where to get I can buy some of the connectors that connect to the sockets on the distribution board.

Back to It

Found a newer BP table with a Seimens Motor 1FT5046 - Will tis work with a Bosch Z15 drive? The machine has a Heid TNC370 which the encoder connects to. Can we mount an outboard encoder on this motor?

if it is a servo motor it should have an encoder on it already. What kind of connector does it have?

Only have a photo of the connector coming from the table, not a connector for the motor. The table is a BP RT-963. I've attached a photo of the motor plate as well. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary Cables-Pins.jpg   Rotary Tag-31.jpg  

Typically a siemens motor is used with a siemens drive.
    The motor has some hall effect transistors and shutters that trigger these used by the drive. The encoder on all is typically Heidenhain.
    Newer interacts such as the 1000 with the PC based TNC did away with logic cards and tuning cards as found in the VMC1000 with the DX control and 611 drives. Maybe these newer machines had the Bosch drives you are referring to? What motors are on your X, Y and Z?

George

The X, Y and Z drives are Siemens 611 and they all have Siemens servos The 4th has a Bosch Z15.

I have a Tsudakoma Table that I could change the motor on, but I need some specifics on what motor to look for. Based on an earlier post in this thread I was under the impression that I needed a Siemens motor. Any help with defining the motor needed to interface with the Bosch Z15 would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Am I right

Am I right in that the servos used in Interact machines with the Bosch Z15 drives, were the SEM MT30 series ????????? If so, I just happen to have a couple laying around tha have Heid encoders on them.

any brushed servo motor would work with the z 15 drive. you need a 10 volt tach. the drive does not look at the encoder. A heidenhain encoder would be easier to integrate into the control, since it has a connector to screw right in.

the SEM mt30 is what is used on the older interact with the z15 drive

Thanks Gus. I have a MT30U$ with a ERO115 encoder. Now I need to determine if the encoder is compatiable with the TNC370.

Hi!

Again one 370!
    Yes you can connect the ERO encoder to 370. This encoder signal is 16uApp.
    Then you need to adjust the parameters for you table.
    Then you need to check the PLC of your 370.

But you should think about changing the whole 370 to iTNC530!
    Very easy job on Bridgeports with 370. Wiring is almost the same.
    I did two of those. Takes only few days to do the whole job. And is not too expensive when thinking what do you get with iTNC! I could help you if you consider this.

Jukka

For what, 20k? More than the machine is worth

Well...

The hardware is less than that.
    And if you do the work (I could help you with "how to do it") it is going to be much less than 20k€

Jukka

Thank for the info on the encoder and I thank you for the offer on the new control. The 370 suits my business fine and if I could do anything it would be to replace the 611 drives.

Ok.

Let me know if you need any help on your project.

A SEM motor as offered would work fine with the Bosch drive as that combination has been used on thousands of Interacts.,so might a Siemens HU.
    The 1FT5 motor is an ac servo and is designed to work with the the Siemens 6SC610 drive.I have spoke with many drive manufacturers and none of them can match a drive to this motor without modification to the motor outputs.
    The big cost will be the sinusoidal output encoder