I bought a starter set which included some end mill holders. Put one in and tightened it up then after using it noticed something wasn't right. The problem is that the draw bar got tight but the holder didn't pull up tight into the spindle the last very little bit. I didn't notice because I used a cordless impact to tighten it like I always do. The issue is the that the new end mill holders are either not drilled deep enough or the draw bar is too long. Don't have the problem with the collets or my drill chuck therefore didn't think to check it.

My problem now is that it sheered off the little pin inside the spindle. I can still use it, but it is hard to hold the collets while tightening the draw bar. I think I see how to get the spindle out. I can also see the outside of where the pin is through a slot in the quill, however it is not reachable. I can see where they ground the outside of the pin off.

My question is once I get the spindle out what kind of pin is supposed to be used? Is the original pin a press fit, welded, taper, hardened or what?

How to get the old pin out and the new one in? There is no way to press from the inside and nothing to pull from the outside. Thinking about just drilling another hole.

Anyone had this issue and have any advice?

Sorry for rambling and thanks.