586,108 active members*
3,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Seeking Marposs knowledge

I’m new to CNCZONE and I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to address this request, If it isn’t I would appreciate advice in reference to the correct forum to find what I seek, but here it goes…..

A little about me, I worked for 13 years at the United States division of a manufacturer of Machine Tool probing and tool setting products for the CNC industry. Nine of those years I was responsible for installation of their product and training of their software along with custom applications for Machine shops and distributors on a nationwide level. During this tenure I personally visited close to 300 facilities, approximately 35-40 a year. I have also become very familiar with Fanuc based controls on many different machines. I have experience with other controls as well. I am now in a position to learn Machine Tool products and software for other manufacturers of what is essentially the same equipment. I am also very familiar with a machine shop environment as well as a machine distributer facility and have no problem running machines on my own.

I am seeking either a machine shop (big or small) or machine tool distributor who is a user of the probing options of Marposs products on their Fanuc based CNC milling machines or Lathe’s. The Marposs products I would like to use are listed below. I am specifically looking for a place that has any of these products on a machine that is not used for 4-6 hours a day for 2 days, weather it is during first or second shift. With a small tutelage of someone in your facility on the correct use of the spindle probe/ tool setter, I can be running working unsupervised within an hour. I willing to travel up to a 300 mile radius of Chicago, IL and be responsible for travel and lodging expenses. I can’t provide money for time on your machine, but I can offer my services for any odd job in your facility (within reason)

If you can accommodate my request, please feel free to contact me. I am looking to do this at the end of March, beginning of April.

Thank You

MARPOSS PRODUCTS (More than one would be great)

Spindle probe
    E83mc-E83wa (Optical)
    OP32 (compact optical probe, designed for smaller machining centers)
    TT family of probes (for use on machines that require 3D contouring)
    WRS (Radio frequency probing system, designed for large 5 axis machining centers)
    E83L (optical probe for lathe’s)

Tool setters

T18MC, TS30 (hard wired, contact tool setter’s)
    OTS 30 (Optical contact tool setting)
    Mida Laser P family of laser tool setter’s (Hard wired, non-contact tool setter)
    Tool setting arms for Lathes.

MARPOSS PRODUCTS (More than one would be great)

I am an expert on Marposs Products, I have worked with them for nearly 15 years and can point you to the correct direction with regards install and set up along with software on the different probing products.
    I can also connect you to Marposs customers in the Chicago- Detroit area.
    Please contact me via CNCzone or my email
    [email protected]