586,096 active members*
3,754 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: JQ Laser

Page 5 of 7 34567
    Update
    Unbelievable!!! It took 8 days to deliver the machine from China to California. And it took almost 3 weeks to get it loaded on the rail to Chicago. Is USA customs are doing that for purpose? So we do not order from China anymore??

Pysiek :
    I have purchased a JQ laser, it is solidly built like a brick out house. It powerd up and operated straight out of the box, no problems with traceing faults to get the laser to fire, build quality is good with just the little things like burrs not filed off of the back of drilled holes, and those packs of silver air ducting are longer then they look when they are packed up. Check the height of the table in relation to the lens height, make shure it is the same at all 4 corners and in the middle, had a small problem with this but my machine is 1.3 x 1.2 meters working area so things have had a tendancy to sag.
    Took a little while to get the laser mirrors just right, but it helps when the laser tube is level with the machine, once that was set it was a breeze setting the mirrors which now shoot center over the entire 1.2 x 1.3 mtr bed, I check the alignment every couple of days and havnt had it move yet.

rgds
    Terry

Danceswithcubes thanks for the info. The machine is in Chicago already. Now I'm waiting on my custom broker to let me know when it will be ready for pickup. He said probably early morning on Monday.
    As soon as I get the machine I will take some pictures and post them here. Also I will post more info on the quality.
    Maybe some guys are curious how much I paid to my broker and custom fees. Here is the answer: $648.57
    Duty and fees - $170.11
    Broker - $125.00
    Single entry bond - $60.50
    Courier/Messenger charge - $25.00
    ISF 10+2 template filing fee - $35
    Terminal Fees - $232.96

Finally I got the machine . Right away I run into a problem. Where do I need to connect the positive cable from laser tube? The connection have a pin in the middle.
    Also should I use car antifreeze in the water chiller? Or just distilled water?

Another questions:
    The machine came with a cable that have 3 pins in it. 2 pins are on the angle and one is straight

Is this is a European style cable? Or I need to install special outlet in my wall?
    Can I use that cable instead:

Thank You

Plug on top looks like UK plug.
    First of all check IS YOUR LASER ASSEMBLED/SET for 110 V?
    Better have confirmation from manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by busola View Post
    Hello ,
    for every people ho don`t know me , i am from Romania and i want to buy an engraver from Litografa but after i send money to Victor , he don`t answer don`t send money back and only lie me for 15 months .
    I AM STEEL NOT RECEVE MY MONEY BACK FROM LITOGRAFA .
    DON`T MAKE BUSINESS WITH LITOGRAFA BECAUSE YOU LOSE YOURS MONEY
    VICTOR IS A LIER AND HE ONLY CHEATE PEOPLE AND USE THEM MONEY IN HIS INTEREST
    From 15 months i try to get my money back from Litografa .
    WAY ARE NOT GIVING MY MONEY BACK VICTOR ???
    YOU SAID TO THIS PEOPLE THAT YOU WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM UNTIL CHRISTMAS .
    SO YOU DON`T LIE ONLY ME BUT ALL THE PEOPLE FROM HERE SHAME ON YOU !!!
    Who's that guy?????(chair)

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    Plug on top looks like UK plug.
    First of all check IS YOUR LASER ASSEMBLED/SET for 110 V?
    Better have confirmation from manufacturer.
    Yes. The machine is assembled for 110V. Even on the circuit board there is a switch that is set up to 110V

Quote Originally Posted by Pysiek View Post
    Finally I got the machine . Right away I run into a problem. Where do I need to connect the positive cable from laser tube? The connection have a pin in the middle.
    Also should I use car antifreeze in the water chiller? Or just distilled water?
    If they have supplied you with a Reci brand tube then there should be a plastic cover over one end,, the same end as the glass coil inside the tube, this is the + end, there should be a small phillips head screw, the + cable mounts to this and the plastic cover goes over the end as the insulater, negative wire is the other end,, no need for anything else but distilled water, thats what I use in my tube and have had no problems but if your garage gets to freezing then glycol would be needed.

The top plug in your pics are the same as what is used in aussy and nz and is for 230 v

Rgds

They send me European style cables. But luckily I have couple of good ones at home.
    Now I have another problem. I turn on the machine and all fans are on but nothing is working on the machine. No light,no front panel , I cannot move the table up or down. I did see that red and black cables are coming out of the light fixture but by the switch there is only 2 black wires connected. Did they messed up the wiring?
    Guys ignore that question it was my fault. The machine will not work until I install the software and connect the Desktop PC.

Guys don't worry about my questions anymore. It was all my fault. The machine works great. I have not read the manual correctly and that's why I have some problems. But Baggy from JQLaser was nice enough to go with the setup step by step.

photos and output

Thanks Pysiek for the update. I'm wondering if you can post some photos of the machine and also the result of the cutting. I was thinking of purchasing a machine from JQ laser, but would really like to see if your machine performs as well as expected.

thanks

I started the machine and tried the laser. Now I will need to adjust the laser path. I will post pictures of unpacking the machine. I just shot the laser beam onto some object,but since the laser path is not adjusted yet I don't want to try running the machine at full. I will keep this thread posted.

I will post more pictures of setup later. The machine quality is pretty good. Very steady and heavy.

First of all clean all machine outside and inside with vacuum cleaner, carefully use compressor to remove dust from hidden areas and immediatelly take it with vacuum cleaner. Check all electronic boards visually for possible problems. Check all electric connection especially high voltage, and do not forget switch on cooler before start. Good Luck!

Litografa I did all of that already.
    I have a question about adjusting the laser path. Should I adjust the laser tube first? And anybody have a good video on how to adjust it?

Thanks

dxf to g code

Does anybody know of any free software for converting dxf to g code.

There are several actually, Sketchup would work using plug ins to get the functionality you need or you could try a standalone program (here's one to try DAK Engineering - Ace Converter).

Zax.

Guys I have seen somewhere that the after sales are not good ,that you cannot receive help from JQLaser. I have some questions since I received the machine and they are always there (of course have in mind the time difference) . I just go to their website and chat with technicians,but the person who help me the most is my sales lady - Baggy. It looks like she was born with that machine in her hands

Last night I have some time and finally adjusted the mirrors. Tonight I will try to engrave something and post a video.

Hey guys one question about the software. Should I use AutoCAD ( I'm a mechanical drafter and use autocad everyday) or I should learn the coreldraw? I have never use coreldraw before and probably I will engrave a lot of pictures.

Page 5 of 7 34567