586,845 active members*
2,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad V24 Turn. Strange circles.

BobCad V24 Turn. Strange circles.

I am still learning to get Bobcad V24 to do what I want.
    The Bishop file from the previous thread.
    I have generated a toolpath, simple roughing with a 35 degree cutting tool.

Used Mach2 rev2 for post.
    Got a g-code and saved that.
    Simulation in Bobcad itself looked good.

Send it to my Mach3 PC and let it run.
    To my surprise there are some circles present in the toolpath screen.
    They correspond with G03 codes.

Any ideas?

Jos

You are getting the same kind of error that forced me to buy Predator. V23 did the same for me and I had to go into Predator to simulate and remove the offending circles.

You will probably be able to just remove the offending G02's or 3's and the program will run fine. You will have to step through the program to find the exact line or lines.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    You are getting the same kind of error that forced me to buy Predator. V23 did the same for me and I had to go into Predator to simulate and remove the offending circles.

You will probably be able to just remove the offending G02's or 3's and the program will run fine. You will have to step through the program to find the exact line or lines.

Mike
    Thanks Mike ,
    I'll give it a try.
    The predator won't run on my Windows 7 PC.
    ActivX trouble.

Jos

I can't comment on the BCC V24 Turn, but I see this with V23 Mill when there are very small arcs in the geometry ( length < .001" ).

What apparently is happening is that the arc begin/end points are so close together that they are interpreted as a full circle, and not a tiny arc. It seems like an accuracy setting should solve it, but I've never found a way to make that work. Switching from IJ to R format hasn't worked for me, but might be worth a try.

One solution is to fix the geometry, another is to just remove the problem G02/G03. Often they are so small they can just be removed. I altered my post processor to replace them with G01 commands, but I don't know how well that would work for turning.

It's not just a BCC issue because friends who use other CAD/CAM apps complain about it as well. It would be great if BCC added a filter to catch them automatically.

Steve

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by stevespo View Post
    I can't comment on the BCC V24 Turn, but I see this with V23 Mill when there are very small arcs in the geometry ( length < .001" ).

What apparently is happening is that the arc begin/end points are so close together that they are interpreted as a full circle, and not a tiny arc. It seems like an accuracy setting should solve it, but I've never found a way to make that work. Switching from IJ to R format hasn't worked for me, but might be worth a try.

One solution is to fix the geometry, another is to just remove the problem G02/G03. Often they are so small they can just be removed. I altered my post processor to replace them with G01 commands, but I don't know how well that would work for turning.

It's not just a BCC issue because friends who use other CAD/CAM apps complain about it as well. It would be great if BCC added a filter to catch them automatically.

Steve
    Doing a search for crop circles should bring some solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by stevespo View Post

Steve
    Thanks Steve,

I modified the Mach3 post and skipped the arc generating part.
    Mach accepts the G-code now and does what it is supposed to do.

Jos