I'm interested in CNC. I plan to use it to do work in aluminum and steel. I don't think that I need a large work envelope (although the KX1 seems pretty small).

I have a Grizzly G3102 and have considered converting it, but I think that is a larger task than I want to tackle now. I also use it pretty regularily, and don't want to give up manual machining ability.

I used to own an X2 and have a pretty good idea of their capabilities as a manual machine.

I played with someone's Taig yesterday and like how turnkey it is to get a Taig CNC'd. The X2 seems like it has advantages in that you can easily get ballscrew conversion kits and it might be a bit more sturdy for doing work in steel.

I don't have the space for an X3 unless I sell my 3102, and I'm not ready to do that. I use it for non-CNC operations where I think it is more capable than the X3.

The KX1 has the advantage of being completely turnkey and well integrated, but the disadvantage of price (about double the cost of a Taig). Is Little Machine Shop the only retailer in the US now?

Questions:
1) Are there other machines that I should consider?
2) What X2 conversion kit is recommended these days? The CNC Fusion stuff looks decent, but reviews on here seem to be mixed.
3) X2 vs Taig -- What is more capable and reliable? I'm not looking for a project, I'd like to have something that runs reliably. At the same time I'm not expecting any of these small machines to be running in regular operation...this is just hobby stuff.
4) If I wanted to add flood coolant is either the X2 or Taig easier to modify for that purpose?

thanks,
alex