Please can you help
    I am working on a Mycenter H400 mill with fanuc 15m controller
    The machine is being installed at a customer
    I am having problem with the pallet change system
    The arm to load and unload the pallet is not functioning
    I have zero returned the arm
    I have set the arm front and back positions in the data page
    The arm will move in maintenance mode in jog or hand wheel
    I have all of the keep relay settings, and have checked these to another machine
    The machine will run if Keep relay No 3 bit 0 is set to 0 i think thats the acw (arm), disable arm
    If i enable arm machine will not run in program
    If i disable arm machine will run but no pallet change
    Please can you help

Dave Reid

does the machine know which pallet is in the machine? counter #20.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply
    The machine should index by M60 comand in MDI
    to either pallet, but will not

when there is a problem with the pallet changer or stops in the middle of a pallet change for some reason the counter defaults to zero and will not do a pallet change. if you type in m60 it just sits and waits because it doesn't know were it is. If the counter is right you can also single block it through the m60 program and see were it stops in the cycle. there is also a pcmdi screen for the pallet changer that shows the status. hit the pmc button then the pcmdi soft key.

Kitamura H400

Hello again
    Im not at the machine untill tomorrow at 10.30
    In single block the pallet changer stops at M11 (pallet unclamp)
    But this cannot be correct because the arm has to move forward first before the pallet unclamps,
    There was a fault with the main door interlock the key was missing
    I have linked out the interlock
    will this cause a problem
    can i contact you tomorrow
    dave reid

Kitamura H400

By the way
    Were is the counter
    And how do you set it

Thanks Dave

the pallet unclamp is seperate from the table clamp if it stops at an M11 there is a pressure switch that needs to be adjusted. looking at the back of the machine with the access cover off it should be above your head to the left there is a bank of valves and i believe the pallet clamp is the far left one you can mdi m10,m11 to see which valve actuates.
    The counters if you press the pmc button then the soft keyson the bottom of the screen will pop up the one on the right I think it is pmmnt not sure but it that one then the soft keys will change and should be one for counter, keep relays, timers, etc. pallet counter is c20 1 for pallet 1, 2 for pallet 2, 0 for no pallet

Many thanks

The pallet clamps and unclamps ok in maintanuce mode
    On PCMDI page all funtions are ok for pallet change
    I will be going to the machine tomorrow morrning
    I will look at all that you have sent me
    Your a gentleman
    Thank you very much

I'm looking at picking up a used Kitamura H400 or an HX400i. I've never used a kitamura machine. How do they hold up, and is there a source for used pallets for this machine?

Thanks,

Stu

Stu,
    Dont tell anyone but they are beastly machines, they also go for cheap in the used market. Bought one from GM, H400, it got beat on for 8 or 9 years by GM before we took it over. Running it for the last two years everyday for 10-12 hours and no hicups. It showed up with a few issues but we fixed those and it has been rock solid ever since. I believe the vice president of kitamura spent a year at the GM facility to determine and fix all the weak points. Very impressive machines and all boxed ways.

A little known fact is that kitamura is very helpful, even with older machines. Try giving them a call, they always forward me to someone at their smaller locations that is very very helpful.

Get one you'll love it.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by stucaruk View Post
    when there is a problem with the pallet changer or stops in the middle of a pallet change for some reason the counter defaults to zero and will not do a pallet change. if you type in m60 it just sits and waits because it doesn't know were it is. If the counter is right you can also single block it through the m60 program and see were it stops in the cycle. there is also a pcmdi screen for the pallet changer that shows the status. hit the pmc button then the pcmdi soft key.
    Thanks you for the post.

Don't know if you solved your problem yet, but is it as simple as you forgot to wander around to the pallet load side of the machine and hit the pallet load enable button. If you don't the machine will just sit there and wait until you hit the button (the light will turn on) and the pallet change will occur.

By the way there is an H400 for sale on the Seattle Craigslist for sale cheap. $20k. I could use the tombstones, but they won't sell them separately.

Help required

Hello I hope you have overcome the problem.
    I am facing the same problem i.e pallet changing arm not moving.
    I am not sure or am having a doubt that I am not setting the data for arm forward & reverse position at the proper place.
    Can you help me

Give the Kitamura guys a call with the machine serial number (847) 520-7755

They will help you out and are aewsome. I recently had an issue where my pallet changer would hang and found the limit switch was stuck becasue of all the coolant and crud that had acumulated around it.

It was simple for the tech to wlak me through the ladder and verify the actual status of the appropriatte bits, and decide what was wrong. Then I simply had to go digging for the switch. A bit of WD40 and some light prying on the switch and all was good to go. By the way, the switch was stuck in and there was no room to pop it out so I lightly pushed it further in and the spring and WD 40 allowed it to come back out. After a few cycles it worked just fine, and has for several months since then.

Kitamura tech support is first rate, and they don't seem to care how old the machine is or how you acquired it. Best of all it's free!

Stu