586,103 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Haas monitor

Haas monitor

Has anyone replaced a monitor with something from the aftermarket? If so how were the results & were there any install issues? I have a 99-VF2.
    Thanks Murph

I replaced the tube only in my 1997 VF-O. I got the manufacturer and model number off of it and found one online. I had to remove the focus coils off of the old tube and put them on the new tube. I think I used RTV. It wasn't very hard.

I AM NOT an electronics person. How did you know it was a tube problem and not something else?
    Murph

I just replaced it because of the ghost images from "burn in".
    Do you have no video at all?

Others have replaced it with this...

http://store.earthlcd.com/SK-3012R

I might do the same with mine because it would be much easier on the eyes for me if it was white on black. Also because its LCD no more burn in.

If the monitor has a glass tube , it is a TTL MDA but the horizontal frequency does not quite match the standard. The connector is a DB-9 but only uses a few pins.

Haas measures 18.44 KHZ horizontal 50 HZ Vertical with negative pulse on both.

The MDA standard is 18.324 KHZ horizontal 47 to 70 HZ vertical with negative pulse on both.

I have had luck using a 1980's IBM 5151 but no luck using a new production Miracle Business MT 109 generic replacement. The issue is the characters are slightly torn left to right when using the generic replacement due to the non standard frequency.

MDA stuff is few and far between haven given way to SVGA ( most computers ) so finding a suitable aftermarket replacement is difficult.

You can get a monitor from Haas in the $ 350 range.

What is wrong with your current screen? If it is going dim, look for a brightness adjustment ( pull the cover from the operator panel ) Is you screen behind a smoked plastic window? If so removing it will help brightness.

I have a screen, but it is very blurred. There are fine diagonal lines across it about 1" apart. Sometimes the bluriness is so bad you cannot read it. If you power down & back up it may be better some times. Sometimes it looks like the text is floating on a wave of water.
    Murph.

on the old acroloc monitors( little tube sceen) we used to take all the connections loose and clean them. then clean every board with a tooth brush and contact cleaner. everything that unplugged ( caps etc) unplug clean and plug back in. it made a huge difference alot of tmes

Quote Originally Posted by Delw View Post
    on the old acroloc monitors( little tube sceen) we used to take all the connections loose and clean them. then clean every board with a tooth brush and contact cleaner. everything that unplugged ( caps etc) unplug clean and plug back in. it made a huge difference alot of tmes
    Delw,
    Would this be the video card, monitor boards, or all of the boards? Either way, great info. to have!!:cheers:
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

I have heard good things from this company. This is the way I want to go next time.
    The "new" one I got from haas last time is a different size and pushed out the front against the Plexiglas (chair). Then when it went toes up after 5 months there was no warranty because "they" didn't install it :argue:
    Gary

http://www.converters.tv/products/vga_to_vga/474.html

Do you someone who has used one of these. I am looking for an alternative to Haas. If I install a new one myself there is NO warranty. To get Haas to come out and install it will be $350 for the monitor + another $450 for windshield time & labor. Which will include 90 days warranty. The one in the machine now I replaced myself with a Haas unit & I have never been impressed with it. I can send it back to the manufacturer and have repaired for under $200 but will be down for 2 weeks.
    Murph

Haas LCD monochrome replacement

This is a possibility:

From this company: cfusion, phone #817 354 4446

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: Haas monitor

Has anyone used the one from cfusion?