586,094 active members*
4,055 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Velocity 5, When?
Page 1 of 2 12

Velocity 5, When?

Way too long between updates with little improvements.

Should be today! English version first!

That would be good news but what or whom is your source? Their website said it would debut at SolidWorks World 2010 in Anaheim, CA. that ended 2 weeks ago. Any one happen to go to this conference and care to report what they experienced?

Call your local dealer.... Min. Maint. Expiration Date: Nov. 30, 2009 to run V5

will be available this week talked to surfcam rep myself

OK this was in my inbox this morning:

February 15, 2010
    Camarillo, CA – February 15, 2010 — Surfware, Inc., developer of SURFCAM® CAD/CAM software, today announced the release of SURFCAM V5. Powerful new features continue to be added to SURFCAM in the multi-Axis, 2 & 3 axis and lathe products. All the new capabilities and enhancements in SURFCAM V5 fulfill wide-ranging customer requirements. SURFCAM V5 will be available immediately to all SURFCAM Sales partners and customers worldwide.
    "This release of SURFCAM V5 proves to be a significant release of SURFCAM for NC programmers who require world class precision and control from their CAM system," says Greg Schils, Product Manager of the SURFCAM product suite. "This release continues to build on and extend all the new features and enhancements implemented in SURFCAM V4, with the emphases on 'ease of use' to provide maximum gains in multi-axis programming and machining productivity."
    Some of the new features in SURFCAM V5 for 4 and 5 axis programming are:
    • Roughing Multi-Pass routines
    • Plunge Roughing
    • Morph pocketing toolpaths
    • New depth cut strategies
    • Automatic surface extensions
    In addition to all the new multi-axis enhancements are:
    • New 3-axis Z-Finish routine
    • Multiple Tool Rest-Roughing toolpaths
    • Viewable C-view planes for enhanced visualization
    • Selectable operations in the Operations Manager for posting
    • Set Axis/C-view gnome representation
    • Updated lathe package
    • TrueMill Calculator
    • SURFCAM Backup Utility
    Enhancements have also been implemented into the patented TrueMill® toolpath including an updated slicer for better quality toolpaths, faster toolpath calculation time, intelligent pocket ordering that dramatically reduces overall rapid moves, the ability to turn off the "open pocket" cutting for 3-axis cuts, "depth first" cutting to allow for more efficient tool motion, and pilot hole support for TrueMill operations.
    "Surfware is pleased to offer this new release of SURFCAM V5 and will continue to provide CAM solutions with the excellence our customers have become accustomed to receiving from us," says Peter Marton, General Manager of Surfware. "For many years, Surfware has been known for innovation, quality and ease of use. We’re certain that customers, new and old, will achieve productivity gains and cost reductions using this world class CAD/CAM software. We’re offering extreme value and are one of the most attractively priced CAD/CAM packages on the market.”
    About Surfware, Inc.
    Surfware, Inc., the developer of SURFCAM CAD/CAM systems and the award-winning TrueMill technology, provides world class solutions for today's manufacturing challenges. Surfware, Inc. is dedicated to continuous innovation and development of new technologies that increase customers' machining productivity and profitability. Surfware's goals are to provide top-quality technology, customer service and world class solutions that allow its customers to gain a competitive edge in a changing global marketplace.

You could ask your local Surfcam dealer to give you the download link for downloading the Surfcam V5. The DVD will be shipped soon.

However, I want to seperate the download flow from the direct download link. I uploaded 3 rar files to freespace for somebody want to download the Surfcam V5. Please download the three rar files and unrar them.

SendSapce:
    part1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/htb62t
    part2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ldeh2p
    part3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q95o4l

or

MegaUpload:

part1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L6OAOJAM
    part2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WAIEJQDC
    part3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KTU01QI

Quote Originally Posted by sinderal View Post
    You could ask your local Surfcam dealer to give you the download link for downloading the Surfcam V5. The DVD will be shipped soon.

However, I want to seperate the download flow from the direct download link. I uploaded 3 rar files to freespace for somebody want to download the Surfcam V5. Please download the three rar files and unrar them.

SendSapce:
    part1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/htb62t
    part2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ldeh2p
    part3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q95o4l
    thanks for the links.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

Any one get their copy yet? Why release it if it’s not ready to ship? Files are too big to download.

System Requirements

Copied from the 'GetStarted' doc

System Requirements
    The following operating system components are required by SURFCAM:
    • Operating System: Windows® XP Service Pack 3. Microsoft .NET 2.0 framework
    • Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 5.0 or greater
    • DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c (included) or higher
    The following are minimum hardware requirements for SURFCAM:
    • Processor: Duo Core II or higher
    • Video: 512 MB Windows® XP DirectX® 9.0c or higher compatible display adapter capable of 1024x768 resolution in 16-bit color. Note: Integrated graphics cards can degrade performance.
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • DVD drive
    • Pointer: Windows® Compatible Mouse
    • Communications Port: USB

Anyone seen it yet? How long does it take get these out? $1800 a year for maintenance, and they use snail mail for delivery. C’mon Surfware, get it together.

System requirements are interesting. Website says 1GB video recommended with 512 MB minimum. That seems pretty steep for a wire frame and surface only program. Why the change? Mine is only 256 MB so I guess I should look for a upgrade, anyone have any suggestions?

a

I did download it from MegaUpload: above. I am using in right now.

I downloaded the Student version to play around with it at home and I found out that they still haven't fixed the drilling problem. Like when you have a bunch of holes at different depths and it doesn't remember the last tool you used, it just resorts to using the default drill, which in our case is a spot drill. It wasn't always like this. Or am I having an old timers event and not seeing a dialogue option for changing that?

Excel,

Go into :
    Tools
    Option
    NC Defaults
    and change the 2nd square check mark to save last tool used and it will work the way you remember.

Lowell

[QUOTE=lkenney;754874]Excel,

Go into :
    Tools
    Option
    NC Defaults
    and change the 2nd square check mark to save last tool used and it will work the way you remember.

Lowell[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply, mine must be bugged though. I tried that, even restarted Surfcam and it still does it. We are running the latest V5, even tried the older V4 B248. For a test, we drew 3 points anywhere. Picked 1 point, picked a .062 drill, did a drill cycle, accepted it. Picked another point, picked drilling cycle and it reverted to the default spot drill again, not the tool we just used, the .062 drill. So WTH is going on?

Has anyone received V5 in the form of a CD/DVD from Surfware? If so, what build is it?
    I downloaded what I thought was B177 but my “about Surfcam” screen says B176. The bar across the top of the screen says B177. Is this just one more minor bug in a program full of bugs in this release?

No CD/DVD yet and we are in Southern California so it can't be the slow mail.

I just got an email from UPS with the tracking # for V5 SP1. Should see it on Friday the 16th.

JP

Received a DVD in the mail today. It was build 177 so didn’t need to install it. I was hoping that a new version was coming that would fix some obvious bugs in build 177. I guess we’ll have to wait another 6 months again to see any updates.

Page 1 of 2 12