586,075 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

anodizing shop

I am wanting to start an anodizing shop. I know how to do it by learning from my company I work with. I am just worried about getting business. Is there any place where I would bid on jobs or anything like that?

-garrett

ttt

I don't want to sound negitive or like an a__hole but don't quit your dayjob. I have had a few small buisness starts along with friends of mine. The first few years are the worst. You need an additional source of income to get you by the slow times, family man or not. At first you will need to CUT YOUR EXPENCES, work out of you home/ garage. Stay there until it is no longer bearable or you feel that there is enough income coming in to cover a new place and then some, don't stretch yourself. Sorry, I got off topic. Advertise, advertise,advertise, whether it be in the Yellow Pages, flyers or by word of mouth,they all work. You have to be your own salesman, no job too small, start pounding the pavement. Take anything that comes in the door, do a good job and that person tells another and another.... Steal some of your current employers smaller but regular accounts, under cut them, you don't have the overhead. It's a dog eat dog world out there. Another thought is list your buisness name in Thomas Register.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchstuff
    It's a dog eat dog world out there. Another thought is list your buisness name in Thomas Register.

Do people still use the Thomas Register?

I have not picked up the Yellow Pages book that I get every year since the internet came out.

It just seems that most printed books are on thier way out..

Murphy

Thomas Register was just a "thought", maybe big buisness still uses it but the occasional person who needs something to be done locally would still use the Yellow Pages. In my opinion the "Yellow Pages" is still better and more complete than that other book, the" Yellow Book".
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

thanks a lot. I was just thinking there was some industrial place where I could bid on anodizing jobs kinda of like mfgquote.com