586,974 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam University

Hybrid View

I am a journeyman machinist and operate and set up multi axis lathes for the past four years. Befpre the cncs i did alot of manual machining during my apprenticeship for about five years. so i have those fundamentals. i understand g and m code but would like to have someone teach me mastercam so i can use it better. i am pretty good with 2d drawing but lack in toolpaths and 3d construction.I took a couple of online courses to compliment my machining knowledgabas through Kennametal and Sandvik.THese helped in enhancing my fundamentals but now i would like to enhance my use of Mastercam and it is just too expensive to train at the mastercam dealer.

CAD/CAM is one of the best teachers out there, he and I have known each other for quite some time.

We both work in World Class CNC Training Facilities. I teach Mastercam at DeAnza College and we only hire professionals who continue to work in the Industry and push the limits of Technology.

If you don't live in an area that is supported with a Community College Training Program, you can still learn Mastercam online at eapprentice.net we are constantly upgrading our courses and adding content on a weekly basis.

Our current course (Winter 2010) is Multi Axis CNC Programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM

If you are interested becoming a power user in Mastercam, learning Advanced high Speed Toolpaths, Solid Modeling, 3D Machining, Rotary, Multi Axis, Horizontal Machining, CNC Lathe programming and Designing work holding Fixtures and Tooling.

Join us!

You can download a legal, working, student version of Mastercam, and practice at Home

My contacts at our leading suppliers of Drills, Taps and End Mills tell me that they have just experienced the busiest two months in 10 years.

The next wave is coming, and it’s all about Multi Axis CNC Machining

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net

Mark Larson, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by degmc View Post
    CAD/CAM is one of the best teachers out there, he and I have known each other for quite some time.

We both work in World Class CNC Training Facilities. I teach Mastercam at DeAnza College and we only hire professionals who continue to work in the Industry and push the limits of Technology.

If you don't live in an area that is supported with a Community College Training Program, you can still learn Mastercam online at eapprentice.net we are constantly upgrading our courses and adding content on a weekly basis.

Our current course (Winter 2010) is Multi Axis CNC Programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM

If you are interested becoming a power user in Mastercam, learning Advanced high Speed Toolpaths, Solid Modeling, 3D Machining, Rotary, Multi Axis, Horizontal Machining, CNC Lathe programming and Designing work holding Fixtures and Tooling.

Join us!

You can download a legal, working, student version of Mastercam, and practice at Home

My contacts at our leading suppliers of Drills, Taps and End Mills tell me that they have just experienced the busiest two months in 10 years.

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net
    Mark Larson, is that you?

No, this is Derek, I work with Mark

Re: Mastercam University

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Goodwin View Post

Join us!

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net

Hi, I'm very interested in Mastercam U and Fusion 360. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Which one is a better place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Branden