CadCam, the "certificate" is not Mcam Specific it holds for the majority of the software training packages out their. That is how I run things, I also know what to look for in people. The person that has enough initative and drive to open the book and learn it on their own is worth a whole lot more to a company than some one that spends 2 weeks at a training course and thinks they know more than the boss. The key word is initative, the employee with the drive will add value to the company through their dedication and willingness to learn. That type of employee does not require some one holding their hand all day, their mind is active and engaged in their assignment. With that engagement grows process optimization which in turn bumps up the net and a much better product for the buyer. Back in College the prof gave us an assignment that was very difficult, a fellow class mate said to the prof you have not taught us any thing about this yet. The prof's reply was; "you are engineers so figure is out". And that was the end to that discussion and we completed the assignment. The many hours we spent outside the classroom learning it on our own was more valuable than what was learned from the actual assignment. More importanly he taught us how to learn!!!!!!!!

As for me not liking mastercam and slamming it, my statments are derived from 1st hand experience with the product. I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SOLIDWORKS, and recommend it to any one that brings up the subject. Solidworks has not given me any reason to say anything bad about their product because they have QUALITY CONTROL................

When you release a product with quirks and glitches eventually idiot's like my self are going to open their mouths and air the dirty laundry. Best thing is too give the buyer a quality product and you will not have people like me.