586,103 active members*
3,819 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Driving a 50W SGM servo with a SDGA 100W drive.

Driving a 50W SGM servo with a SDGA 100W drive.

That's the whole question. They are both 200V.

I quite sure I've seen this done, but can't find anything now. I've been away from working with servos and drives regularly for about 5 years, so my memory isn't 100%.

I've read through the drive manuals about 3 times looking for how to do it. Googled it for several hours. Sorry to double post as this is asked in my list of questions, I kinda need to know the answer to this one for sure.

IIRC it had to be set through the digital operator, SVMON would not do it.

It has been confirmed that it is possible, but no instruction was given.

Now to figure out how, and to figure out what families are identical parts. If you can go down, you can probably go up.

If anyone wants to help, post the model of the Yaskawa drive and the motor code and modification index from them. Might help me figure out how to figure the code. I'm going to start trying to change a drive as soon as I get the digital op.

I thought the code was pretty clear in the SGDA manual I referenced in your other thread. No idea if it is settable, but readable yes.

Set Cn-00 to 00-04

You should see F.0002 or whatever where for F.0xyy the x is the Motor Type and yy is the Motor Capacity.

The Y38 drives I have should have a Modification Index of y.0026 (hex value of 38) although I haven't checked. Sigma Win (Beta) or Sigma Win Lite should allow checking these anyway. I am kind of curious what Modification Code my other (unmarked) drives have that came from the same ebay vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nash View Post
    I thought the code was pretty clear in the SGDA manual I referenced in your other thread. No idea if it is settable, but readable yes.

Set Cn-00 to 00-04

You should see F.0002 or whatever where for F.0xyy the x is the Motor Type and yy is the Motor Capacity.

The Y38 drives I have should have a Modification Index of y.0026 (hex value of 38) although I haven't checked. Sigma Win (Beta) or Sigma Win Lite should allow checking these anyway. I am kind of curious what Modification Code my other (unmarked) drives have that came from the same ebay vendor.
    I don't think that index translates directly to the motor type number. The examples didn't show the F and Y matching, I looked through the sgd => SGDC books. The digital operator manual shows the break down for F for more of the amps.

It will not write without some trick. I think it has to be one of the CN-01 or CN-02 bits you're not supposed to set, that would also explain why the computer software wouldn't work.

Hopefully I don't kill one trying it. Maybe a hypnotist to remember?

Smile

hello from greece
    can you help me with yaskawa sevo pack

Quote Originally Posted by costasg View Post
    hello from greece
    can you help me with yaskawa sevo pack
    Probably the wrong thread to ask in.

Got the servo/amp wired up and was playing with this, no luck yet. Tried to set the CN-02 bits in order to write the modification index with no luck.

I did note that I have 100W 200V drives so the motor type was 1 and the modification index was zero.

I can't be the only one.