586,058 active members*
3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > HF 93488-2VGA 12" digital height gauge
Page 1 of 2 12

Talking HF 93488-2VGA 12" digital height gauge

Height Gage Gauge

Might have got the last ones but here is a great deal.

http://ww2.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93488

$13.17 for a HF 93488-2VGA 12" digital height gauge

WOW that's a fantastic deal. I already have one similar to that one, but at that price I couldn't pass it up and ordered one too, along with a bull nose live center that I always wanted. What makes you think there are only a few left? I didn't see anything saying that they were closing them out.

Thanks for the tip!

By the way it looks like we are almost neighbors, I live in Appleton.

Dale P.

As usual with HF lately, they have three diferent websites:

www.harborfreight.com

www.harborfreightusa.com

http://ww2.harborfreight.com/

Try and do a search for it on all three and see what you come up with.

Funny that you live in my back yard, about 35 min drive from me.

Matt

That is so funny....

I was JUST searching for a digital height guage to use on my surface plate to set my TTS holders and I found this earlier this evening. I almost passed it up as I thought it was too good to be true. I guess we will find out because I just ordered one!! Anyone here already have one? Peace

Pete

Too sweet. I just got a new granite surface plate from Enco for $34 with free shipping, and now this. The only thing that'd have made this sweeter would have been free shipping.

I already got a real nice surface plate.....

Got it from the Y-12 area in Oak Ridge. NIce plate and it is HEAVY!! Now just needed this baby. For just over $20.00 shipped it might as well be free shipping... peace

Pete

I didn't really need another height gauge as I already have one, but I don't like the way mine works and the zero button is also the power button so the gauge gets reset every time it gets turned on and off. Also it doesn't have a self turn off when it sits for a while like the HF digital calipers and I have run the battery down by accident several times by leaving it on. Hopefully the new gauge will work differently. I'm thinking of taking my old gauge and removing the base and mounting it on the Z axis of my X2 mill for a digital readout. The 12" of travel would be more than enough and would be an easy project to do.

Matt, What type of metal working do you do? I have a small shop set up in the basement for making parts for my RC Boats as other fun projects. Next time your in Appleton you will have to stop by and check out the shop.

Here are some pictures of my height gauge and the nice surface plate my brother gave me. They were going to throw it out at his work because they didn't use it!

Dale P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03124.JPG   DSC03125.JPG  

Well it looks like the $13.00 dollar height gauges are all gone. I tried to look at the sites again for them and they no longer show up.

My local HF had this tool in stock a few years ago and they wanted $75.00 for it on sale!

Thanks again Matt for posting such a good deal. You could have bought them all and sold them to us for $45.00 and it still would have been a good deal

Dale P.

Just got notification that mine has shipped.

Yes it was a very good deal, best I could find on flee bay was $50 with $17 shipping.

This has been a good 4 weeks for me at harbor freight and enco. Heres what I got:

X3 for $563
    Granite surface plate for $36 with free shipping
    5" Vise for $92 with free shipping
    Height gauge for $13.17

My wife just doesnt understand and she thinks I have issues. Dont we all?

are you going to cnc the x3?

For Sure

Yes, I feel like I have read every post regarding X3 conversions and will most likely use Cadmonkeys plans to speed things along. As usual I will create my own thread when the time comes.

HF just E'd with a notice they have shipped the height gauge. Too cool.

It's still cached on google, if anyone wants to look at it and nash their teeth along with me (nuts) http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=us

As you can see, it was once $75! Even tho I missed it, I thank you for posting that.

Thanks that allowed me to download the manual.

UPS just delivered mine. Kicking myself or not buying more than one. It'd work perfect for a X digital read out. At least I got in before they fixed the price. Thanks for the heads up, been wanting one for a few years and even ebay used were out of my price range.

You lucky ********.....

Just got home tonight and checked the mail. Got a postcard from Harbor freight saying the part is backordered!!!! THE HORROR!!!! now I am gonna prolly hafta wait until I turn grey for one.... peace

Yep mine came today too! Sorry to hear the bad news Pete, perhaps they will replace it with a newer and even better model.

If it makes you feel any better I ordered a bull nose live center with my height gague and it is on back order too.

Dale P.

You got yours too....

What the hell man, Ya know even when I ordered it I never actually got any response from them. I even called them and they could not tell me anything about my order. I guess I will just hold my breath and wait now.... Oh well, I do have a bunch of ER toolholders and drill chucks coming in soon.... Gotta look at the bright side right..... peace

PEte

I ordered two and recieved two. I was a little taken back by the size of the box they were shipped in, friggin huge. The height gauge is a lot larger and more stought than I imagined. Good luck on getting yours. My wife even thought that I got a good deal.

I got the dreaded back order card too... I sometimes get stuff in the mail from Grizzly that I ordered months before and forgot about. I hope HF restocks faster than Grizzly...

Page 1 of 2 12