586,392 active members*
2,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Coolant nozzle ?

I'm using a boring bar holder from Haas with a ER32 holder, this larger holder now blocks the coolant from reaching the tool. What do you guys do to get a flexible line adapted to the Haas boring bar holder?

Thanks

We often use brake line tube for coolant nozzles that need to be bent around obstructions. It is possible to get fittings with a 1/8" or 1/4" male NPT one end and the female socket for the coolant line on the other; 3/16" diameter lines are the easiest to bend without kinking.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I did find a nice fittings and flexible copper tube for the standand tools but this block has (2) ball swivel type arrangements I've never seen before. I will take one into work today and see what a pipefitter can come up with something to fit this...

I was just out there having the best time... at home in a 2 car garage with a sweet machine.

Quote Originally Posted by 123tool View Post
    ....this block has (2) ball swivel type arrangements...
    Oh, those ones that never seem to hit anything, except you when you open the door at the wrong time.

We applied the same solution; drill a hole through the ball and silver solder in a length of 3/16" tube.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Oh, those ones that never seem to hit anything, except you when you open the door at the wrong time.
    Yea, those nozzles LoL I need to drill a hole and can't get a drop of coolant anywhere near the bit.

Haas supplies the parts you need to make the coolant go throught the er-32 collet chuck. You need to take out the small pipe plug in the back of the haas boring bar holder. Then attach the block off plate to the back. Last install the solid coolant nozzels. The coolant will flow through the er-32 collet chuck and through the collet onto your tool. You should have these parts if you bought your lathe new. Mine came with everything I needed.

(wrong)

Edster, you got it... Thanks! I'm glad someone reads the manual.

Just to let everyone know the flow through the collet is a very gentle flow not the blast from a 1/8 inch copper tube.

Thanks again!

The flow through the collet is a lot better with the high volume pump. The stock pump is tiny.