586,103 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to change max rapid speed on Haas TM-1??
Page 6 of 7 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    HAAS is a public company. Look it up. Don't speak, just listen. It's painful watching an adult who thinks, speaks and acts like a child.
    link to their stock ticker? as far as i can see, they are private.

Talking

Even funnier, please keep the comments coming.

Open mouth only AFTER you pull it from your ass...less messy that way

HAAS is a public company. Look it up. Don't speak, just listen. It's painful watching an adult who thinks, speaks and acts like a child.

You are correct, they are a privately held corporation. I incorrectly assumed they were publicly traded, when Gene stepped down after being indicted for tax fraud, for fear it would tarnish the company. Sounded like something the average corporate board would do pre-emptively to pacify stockholders.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    link to their stock ticker? as far as i can see, they are private.

Is that crow you are eating?

You are correct, they are a privately held corporation. I incorrectly assumed they were publicly traded, when Gene stepped down after being indicted for tax fraud, for fear it would tarnish the company. Sounded like something the average corporate board would do pre-emptively to pacify stockholders.

No. Gene Haas is not the only stockholder. Stock can be issued in a private company. So both of us were wrong. At least I am big enough to admit it and move it. You however, are the aborted fetus of an envious troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Is that crow you are eating?

Talking

This is so funny. The more you call me names the more you deminish your position. Please feel free to keep them coming.

From the beginning all I did was disagree with you. I never once resorted to name calling. I generally find that when someone goes down that path they have a weak postion or none at all. Every time you resort to name calling I just laugh harder.

No. Gene Haas is not the only stockholder. Stock can be issued in a private company. So both of us were wrong. At least I am big enough to admit it and move it. You however, are the aborted fetus of an envious troll.

Oh, and by the way, you did not state that the company had stocks you said it was public.

I don't care if you agree or disagree. It is how you say it. You have been derisive and condescending, without having the benefit of the ability to back it up. If you are going to sit there and snipe me, with your manipulative middle-school tactics, then I prefer to get it out in the open and state my opinion about your behavior. You are something a troll leaves behind after it has eaten. That is about as close as it gets to you contributing. I personally don't care if anyone else agrees with me or not. America is a pathetic shell of its former self, because of spineless snarks like yourself. That kind of behavior should never be tolerated.

This is so funny. The more you call me names the more you deminish your position. Please feel free to keep them coming.

From the beginning all I did was disagree with you. I never once resorted to name calling. I generally find that when someone goes down that path they have a weak postion or none at all. Every time you resort to name calling I just laugh harder.

Now you are accusing me of things that you can not support. You do not know my state of mind. It is easy to jump to conclusion on these forums and read into anything that is posted (just as Geof did with my sarcasm). I still have not and will not resort to name calling even when faced with it from others. If in fact you believe me to be derisive and condescending then why not point it out to me? My first reply to you was not intended to be either of these. But, your response to it did get me to think, I wonder how far this guy will go.

The really funny thing is that I agree with some of your points. However, it was much more fun to just egg you on then to say yes I agree. Hell, even our court system has no idea how to deal with the whole software rights issue as they have ruled both ways.

I don't care if you agree or disagree. It is how you say it. You have been derisive and condescending, without having the benefit of the ability to back it up. If you are going to sit there and snipe me, with your manipulative middle-school tactics, then I prefer to get it out in the open and state my opinion about your behavior. You are something a troll leaves behind after it has eaten. That is about as close as it gets to you contributing. I personally don't care if anyone else agrees with me or not. America is a pathetic shell of its former self, because of spineless snarks like yourself. That kind of behavior should never be tolerated.

Support my accusations? Since when do I have to? Isn't it enough simply to say it? Or do those one-sided rules only apply when you are making them? Are you the only one who has the ability to goad others anonymously via the internet? I stand by my actions. I call anyone and everyone out when I see them behaving like a troglodyte. I am far less congenial in public when I catch someone doing it.

My point is that for there to be any legal basis, regarding existing property laws, not court decisions (the Constitution was never setup to provide for judiciary legislation) software must NOT be bundled with hardware IF the seller wants to claim a right to "own" it and license it on their own terms. You cannot sell me a car, and then siphon all the gas out of the tank, when I am 3 miles from the nearest station. Well you could, but I would also likely set you on fire with your newly siphoned gas.

Now you are accusing me of things that you can not support. You do not know my state of mind. It is easy to jump to conclusion on these forums and read into anything that is posted (just as Geof did with my sarcasm). I still have not and will not resort to name calling even when faced with it from others. If in fact you believe me to be derisive and condescending then why not point it out to me? My first reply to you was not intended to be either of these. But, your response to it did get me to think, I wonder how far this guy will go.

The really funny thing is that I agree with some of your points. However, it was much more fun to just egg you on then to say yes I agree. Hell, even our court system has no idea how to deal with the whole software rights issue as they have ruled both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by pld0vr View Post
    The Haas controller only buffers 4 lines of code. If you purchase the HSM option with look ahead, it will buffer 80 blocks, but only if running off of the machine - drip feed will nullify the effect back to 4 blocks.

Where are you getting these 12/20/30k lines? Stop making stuff up.
    I dont make stuff up pld0vr click the link and read it for yourself, i guess i am the dumb a$$ here and dont know what i am talking about, but hey always feels good when i am right.
    http://www.gbirevolution.com/control.html

What I gave you was about as close to an apology as you will get for me for egging you on.

I do agree with you about the constitution. I really do understand your position and on many points do agree with your statements about software from a legal perspective. However, the reality of all of this is that things are the way they are and you or I can do nothing about them alone. We can argue what is right and true ‘til the end of time.

The best solution is to not condone any practice you feel is wrong by not buying the product.

Support my accusations? Since when do I have to? Isn't it enough simply to say it? Or do those one-sided rules only apply when you are making them? Are you the only one who has the ability to goad others anonymously via the internet? I stand by my actions. I call anyone and everyone out when I see them behaving like a troglodyte. I am far less congenial in public when I catch someone doing it.

My point is that for there to be any legal basis, regarding existing property laws, not court decisions (the Constitution was never setup to provide for judiciary legislation) software must NOT be bundled with hardware IF the seller wants to claim a right to "own" it and license it on their own terms. You cannot sell me a car, and then siphon all the gas out of the tank, when I am 3 miles from the nearest station. Well you could, but I would also likely set you on fire with your newly siphoned gas.

Children, children, show some decorum. I thought I had egg on my face from jumping to an illfounded conclusion but I am starting to thnk I am a model of restraint.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hele63 View Post
    I dont make stuff up pld0vr click the link and read it for yourself, i guess i am the dumb a$$ here and dont know what i am talking about, but hey always feels good when i am right.
    http://www.gbirevolution.com/control.html
    thats not a haas now is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Children, children, show some decorum. I thought I had egg on my face from jumping to an illfounded conclusion but I am starting to thnk I am a model of restraint.
    Undersatnd Geof, but when someone makes you prove what you are saying is irretating, when they can look up the info themselves. But i guess not everyone stays up on new technology and reads whats going on out there.
    :banana: :wee:
    and finally a group hug to mend our wiked ways
    (group)

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    thats not a haas now is it.
    I didnt say a hass reads that fast, i stated that there are controllers out there that read faster, was compairing a home computer to an industrial control built for machining. I didnt want to list every manufacture of controls, i would be here all day lisinting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hele63 View Post
    I didnt say a hass reads that fast, i stated that there are controllers out there that read faster, was compairing a home computer to an industrial control built for machining. I didnt want to list every manufacture of controls, i would be here all day lisinting them.
    ... so basically you added some useless information to confuse the thread even furthur.

mach has 1000 lines look ahead, more than haas's so called high speed look ahead if im not mistaken.

most industrial controls these days are very closely related to mach. evan fanuc is running on windows now.

but none of thats relevant.

America is a pathetic shell of its former self, because of spineless snarks like yourself. That kind of behavior should never be tolerated.
    Basically you're mad at Haas because you do not have the technical expertise to build your own boards and write your own codes. You're mad because you want to alter a sales contract so you can get more for less money. . . . and you wonder why our country is in a pathetic state?

By your logic we should all be suing car makers for detuning car engines or top speed and cpu makers for detuning our chips.

This has been one of the funniest, most broadly off-topic while entertaining forum conversations I can remember. The question was about spindle speed and rapids on the TM model mill line. It then turned into corporate fraud and you weren't happy until you upset Geof; which I found amazing that after 10,000+ posts he has never said "that is a stupid comment".

I have a TM-3. I have been running at 6000rpm and 400ipm for the past year and a half...no issues. Its the same components as the 'P' series. The parameters are doctored at Haas on the open models because OSHA dictated it. Be happy that we are allowed a tool changer on the open models. In Europe, the EU has required any open machine to be void of an automatic tool changer. The TM models are shipped without them when they cross the big pond.

On my machine, I changed the rpm and then let it have a day to SLOWLY ramp up to full rpm. It is necessary to seat the bearings for full rpm operation. I also go through a lot of warm up, making sure load is around 12%, if I intend to do any high rpm machining. You are going to be disappointed at anything above 5000-5500 rpm. These machines just don't make enough torque at 6k.

As far as the rapids, I did not change acceleration, only the end speed. I did not want extra force exerted on the thrust bearings caused by hard, fast directional changes. The 400 IPM did make a HUGE difference. Not only were cycle times between multiple vices much faster, but tool changes are rapid moves also, so my total cycle times dropped immensely. The recipes are on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by WGJ View Post
    I have a TM-3. I have been running at 6000rpm and 400ipm for the past year and a half...no issues.

On my machine, I changed the rpm and then let it have a day to SLOWLY ramp up to full rpm. It is necessary to seat the bearings for full rpm operation. I also go through a lot of warm up, making sure load is around 12%, if I intend to do any high rpm machining. You are going to be disappointed at anything above 5000-5500 rpm. These machines just don't make enough torque at 6k.

As far as the rapids, I did not change acceleration, only the end speed. I did not want extra force exerted on the thrust bearings caused by hard, fast directional changes. The 400 IPM did make a HUGE difference. Not only were cycle times between multiple vices much faster, but tool changes are rapid moves also, so my total cycle times dropped immensely. The recipes are on this forum...
    Thank you for the on-topic addition. Good information.

So far from reading up, it looks like to be most effective I should calculate my speeds/feeds based on a 3.75hp spindle at 5000rpm, unless I'm doing a low power operation like finishing for example.

Page 6 of 7 4567