586,094 active members*
4,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > How to change max rapid speed on Haas TM-1??
Page 7 of 7 567
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    ... so basically you added some useless information to confuse the thread even furthur.

mach has 1000 lines look ahead, more than haas's so called high speed look ahead if im not mistaken.

most industrial controls these days are very closely related to mach. evan fanuc is running on windows now.

but none of thats relevant.
    Can stepper motors move that fast?

Quote Originally Posted by MKproto View Post
    Mach3 also supports servos.

Yes, they can. Can you?
    Mach 3 isn't limited to just stepper drivers. But you already knew that, didn't you?
    And it is hilarious that a basically open-source controller software that licenses for $159 is more capable than the controller that comes in a Haas.

Quote Originally Posted by MKproto View Post

So I had to know - what is all the fuss about Mach 3. I went their website and found a wealth of information. The software alone is $175.00. I noticed they have a lot of products. If you want their "CNC Mill Control Analog" it is $4895 This really does not make a whole lotta sense as I know that I can get a Fanuc for around the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    So I had to know - what is all the fuss about Mach 3. I went their website and found a wealth of information. The software alone is $175.00. I noticed they have a lot of products. If you want their "CNC Mill Control Analog" it is $4895 This really does not make a whole lotta sense as I know that I can get a Fanuc for around the same price.
    i think youve got the wrong company. the website for mach3 is machsupport.com. the company is artsoft. they dont make any hardware whatsoever.

and if you can get a comeplete new fanuc control and servo system like the machmotion one for sub $5000, send it my way. i cant even get a single motor for that.

You are right. I was looking at http://www.machmotion.com/product_in...products_id=49

No - it is not, it is a little bit more and does not include the servo system.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    i think youve got the wrong company. the
    website for mach3 is machsupport.com. the company is artsoft. they dont make any hardware whatsoever.

and if you can get a comeplete new fanuc control and servo system like the machmotion one for sub $5000, send it my way. i cant even get a single motor for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    You are right. I was looking at http://www.machmotion.com/product_in...products_id=49

No - it is not, it is a little bit more and does not include the servo system.
    yeah, but thats the analogue conversion kit. move one notch up the page and youll see a compelte kit for even less.

You don't need that crazy control "system". The software works great right off a PC with readily available controller boards.

I used an xbox wireless controller as a pendant, and was able to install a touch probe with tool setter for $45.00, yes, $45. Worked fantastic.

Using something like Mach3 really makes you feel ripped off, but however... controls come with higher quality machines, so since I have perfectly fine Fanuc and Haas controllers with my machines, I use them.

Page 7 of 7 567