586,590 active members*
2,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Anyone have Prolight 2000 mill parts?

Hi,

I am new to the forum and just got my first CNC machine...

It is a Prolight 2000. It really runs great but I still have to learn more about it and remember my old Dos stuff.

I am looking for a motor and a encoder for the machine to make a 4th axis for it.

If anyone has old parts from a conversion to newer software (motors/encoder, controllers, boards from inside,belts or anything else for the old 2000 i would be interested in them).

I mostly want a 4th axis made for the prolight 2000 but i guess there are not many of them out there.

Also if anyone has the rs232 pinouts or any wiring diagrams for it that would be a great help.

Thanks and I am sure This forum will be a great help in learing how to make parts with a CNC.

Mike (airamp)

i have some parts for the pro light 2000 mill
    including the 4th axis (haas) rotary (5c) head
    are you still interested ?

Hi,

Yes I am interested.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi my name is Rosalio and if u still have some parts left of the prolight 2000 i an very insterested on them, thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by chalio View Post
    Hi my name is Rosalio and if u still have some parts left of the prolight 2000 i an very insterested on them, thanks!!
    Hi,

I also am looking for parts for the prolight 2000.

where are you and what are you looking for?

Do you have spares?

Mike

im from grand junction colorado, im looking for a tool changer, 4th axis an encoder, and a probe with the software,

Hi,

I do have a ATC board that is electro pnumatic.

My machine isn't set up for a ACT so it is a spare.

You would need the spindle set up and the tooling and tool holder for the table.

You machine has to be set up for a 4th axis (extra connector and power supply wired at the factory= different animatic controler). Connector is on the left bottom of the control box on the bottom. They only made 40 of these so they are hard to get.

I would like to get a probe also but maybe a renshaw probe would work if you can find the software..??

It should connect to one of the remotes in back I think but I have no information or anything on that. It would be cool.

Mike

some lucky guy bought the 4th axis and i'm happy he's happy with it.

since i'm going to retro back to a manual mill, i can sell anything not

related to the spindle motor/drive .

never had an ATC

i will buy the servo motor from you, and the controler box

I am interested in the parts also..

AirAmp

Hello, I need the controller, i mean the board.

Prolight 2000 parts

I have two of the Prolight 2000's. I am interested in retrofitting one to a Mach 3 machine with probably a Geko controller to replace the items that run it now. I also have some spare parts for my machines and I have some Prolight 1000's and a 3000 lathe. I have always used the Prolight software (DOS and Windows) with factory controllers and cards. Does anyone know someone who retro'd any of these machines?

Thanks

Prolight's

Hi,

Why do you want to retro these machines if they are running??

I think they run great with the standard setup. I am running win98 and the machine can cut to 5 tenths consistently..

I really think it is a waste of time unless the machine breakout box, drivers or main board burns up. replacement of these items (especally the anamatics controler) is hard to get.

Are they the prolights that were on Ebay? They were ATC machines that software is easy to get so that cannot be the problem?

I will help any way I can, I do have the software if you need it.

AirAmp

Smile Prolight or Light Machine Benchtop CNC

I love these machines also and have been looking for some others who also love them and are technically inclined. I am so saddened when I see them come out of schools as they are in my mind a premium school training machine for the early part of learning CNC. I fix as many of them as I can personally afford to and make them available back to schools here in my area. I buy them in any condition that I can find them and then add parts to get them going again, but it is getting harder to keep a refurbished one around a $5K price for a school while still adding a warrenty. As they age it is harder to get the parts I need to fix them and it is harder to get current teachers to believe that Windows 98 or DOS is just fine for learning. I have one of the 1000's in my high school lab that has worked almost flawlessly for over 10 years and it was used when I bought it. I know several technology teachers who are using these. We can buy the expensive card for the PCI bus and then they will run under XP if they are a 1000 or 3000 lathe. For the 2000's there is no known upgrade from Intelitek to a Windows interface. I have two of the 2000's and one of them has developed a problem. I am considering upgrading it and using the parts to keep the other 2000 functional if I can't figure out what went wrong. Is there another forum beyond this location or a Yahoo group dedicated to keeping these running? I have bought several of the 1000's and a 3000 Lathe via ebay over the last 8 years, but have not won an auction for well over a year now. The price seems to have come up some. Of course shipping is always several hundred dollars so that impacts what I can pay.

RE: ProLIGHT 1000, 200 and 3000

I'm the person who bought the lot of 5 LMC machines out of Southern California a couple weeks ago. The eBay auction consisted of a 1000 with the quick change tool holder (QCTH but only 1 of the actual holders), the 2000 with the ATC and 5 of the ATC tool holders, a 3000 with the tool turret, a SpectraLIGHT Mill and a SpectraLIGHT Lathe.

There were no ISA or PCI cards, but at least 8 packages containing the manuals that shipped originally with them. The PLM2000 DOS program (with ATC support) was supplied by Intelitek, but the Animatics controller is dead. I did not open it up, but the smell of blown IC's is there. Animatics says they can repair the controller, but don't support it in any other way. I don't really have a problem running it under DOS, but don't know what the cost of the repair will be. Animatics has referred me to a local Animatics distributor for returning it to them for repair, and being in the holiday season, it won't be for another week.

I'm planning and engineering some mods on the 2000. I'm going to keep the existing servo's and 500 line count encoders. I thought of upgrading them, but 150 oz-in servo's cost a bit for 3 of them. Instead, I have several GeckoDrive 320X's on their way, and am going to retrofit them. This will allow the mill to run with Mach3, and yet utilize the servos to their full extent. I'm working on the ATC interface, and think I have that handled. A higher voltage power supply, a bit of configuring, a second parallel port, the GeckoDrives, and a bit of elbow grease should bring this to fruition.

Someone on this forum provided some good information on the pinouts and functions of the LMC card, so I think it looks promising to get the 1000 going, with the problem being that I only have 1 QCTH. I am also waiting for Intelitek to get back to me about current pricing, availability and lead time for the QCTH, but the last I heard, they're about $300 each. If anyone has, or knows where there's one lying around, I'd love to buy a second one. If not, I'm either going to buy a couple from Intelitek, or go with an alternate source I have found.

As far as the 2000 with the ATC, I will see how fast I can move forward with this, and will post what I find, and the progress I make.

If anyone has a PCI or ISA card they would be willing to loan me for 3 - 7 days, I'd appreciate it. I would see how a 'compatible' card could be produced that would run with any software providing step and direction. Up to now, my milling has been with my SpectraLIGHT mill, running with Mach3, upgraded 480 oz-in steppers, and the Toshiba based off-shore stepper driver board. I'm so looking forward to servo's, ball screw and a 1 hp spindle motor.

kscotay

I have all the same machines, cards, controllers, etc. We should talk via phone. How do I contact you?

DonDog,

I sent you my contact info.

Scott

Oh, why most of the persons want the spare parts? I think the machine is very well too

Thanks, Don.

Don was of great assistance in getting my ProLIGHT 2000 going today. I was attempting to get it running with the serial cable that came with it, and was connected to the serial port. The cable was not wired correctly, and with his help, another cable was checked and installed, and it's now running.

What a sweet machine! I agree that the stepper motor industry is improving in leaps and bounds; it's certainly simpler and cheaper to go with the powerful steppers now available. I like this servo based mill.

I'll get the ProLIGHT 1000 running in the next few days.

Scott

Re: Anyone have Prolight 2000 mill parts?

I have a Prolight 2000 mill that has been running well but has just started losing track on the Z axis. When a milling routine stops, the machine completely powers down the Z axis servo, which causes the milling head to drift down under the force of gravity, until the bit hits the work.

It never used to do this. Whenever the unit was powered up it provided power to the servos to keep them in position, but something has now changed.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Page 1 of 2 12