586,100 active members*
2,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 11 91011
    Congrats!

May I make a suggestion? I found that by giving my wife a small gift made as the first "project" from my first machine went a long way towards getting her to tolerate my fascination with this CNC hobby. My gift was simply a 6"x6" trivet made from a piece of oak inscribed with our names. Keeping SWMBO happy is essential!

congrats on the 1st cuts !!!! It's a good feeling isn't it
    My 1st Build (ongoing) http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/134670-one_big_one_smaller_my.html

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrambach View Post
    Congrats!

May I make a suggestion? I found that by giving my wife a small gift made as the first "project" from my first machine went a long way towards getting her to tolerate my fascination with this CNC hobby. My gift was simply a 6"x6" trivet made from a piece of oak inscribed with our names. Keeping SWMBO happy is essential!
    oh there are many plans for making her things, i am sure that she will get *almost* as much use out of it as i do!

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyCNC View Post
    congrats on the 1st cuts !!!! It's a good feeling isn't it

it is pretty cool. thanks!

Great job, congratulations...!

thanks louie!

i got the vacuum and router hooked up to relays so that they can be controlled from inside the g code. (ie automagically)

I would say - yes. Nice build, and thanks for posting the detailed log, pics and videos. It is amazing how much a person learns from each build log.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygoat View Post
    my latest bit of progress.

YouTube - video-2011-05-02-12-20-09.3gp
    There at 0:18, while swinging the U-panel out, is there clearance for any wires standing proud of the backside, so they don't impinge the fixed side panel?

honestly i don't know. i haven't had that big back panel on again since i have had everything hooked up. it looks pretty close in that vid. worst case i will have to trim the panel down a little.

i have done a ton more work to it, but have not had a chance to post anything yet.

ok small update.

i got everything in e chain. got a pretty good deal on e bay for some stuff that seems to be pretty high quality. its been on for a few months now and is working great. so fingers crossed for the long haul.

i also got all the motors and everything else all wired up with quick connects, so i can easily remove things.

all the limit switches are installed. although i am still having trouble with the x- limit. it is also the home switch and when i home the machine it trips a limit. all the home switches including the x- are separate and all of the limit switches are wired in series together. (ie i have 4 inputs to mach. x,y,z home individually and then xyz limit all one input.)

if anyone can help with this please feel free.

the other big issue i am fighting right now is that my circles are not round.

the circle was supposed to be 1" dia. i have backlash compensation enabled, and i think it is working properly. if i go any bigger i get a jump (where it moves too much) at the transition for the y axis. any less and i get a flat spot. so i don't think it is backlash. it just looks like it is not moving fast enough to keep up with the x axis. when i calibrate the axes individually they move dead on the exact distance they are supposed to. also i have the acceleration for both x and y set very low. around 5"/s/s.

any thoughts? this has me stumped.

i also got the monitor mounted and touch screen added but i don't have any pics yet.

Page 11 of 11 91011