586,565 active members*
3,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PryMfg CNC-3 Router

The new CNC-3 from PryMfg has antibacklash nuts on all axes and an innovative solution to linear motion. Our custom made, patent pending, linear bearings offer you increased stiffness, life, and resistance to environmental contaminates at a fraction of the cost of conventional systems. The entire frame of this machine is built from welded structural steel. The table and the moving part of the Z axis of this machine are built out of aluminum tslot extrusion for easy bolting. This both makes it extremely stiff and allows you to bolt all of your gizmos and accessories to the machine. The CNC-3 uses a moving table instead of a fixed table with the spindle moving in all 3 axes. This gives increased stiffness by not having the slop in the axes multiplied 3 times.

Has almost 50 custom laser cut steel parts, which are used for the linear bearings, bearing holders, and motor mounts.

Price: $1200, somewhat negotiable

Features:

+ All metal construction.
    + T-slot table and Z axis.
    + Linear guide rails welded to superstructure. 12 time stiffer than bolting the guide rails to say aluminum tslot.
    + Welded steel super structure for increased stiffness and superior dampening.
    + Precision laser cut steel hardware.
    + Antibacklash acme nuts on all axis.
    + 1:1 Drive on all axis.
    + 14x14x6 Inch working area.

INCLUDED:

+ New CNC-3 Frame.
    + T-slot table with slots every 1".
    + T-slotted z-axis for router mounts.
    + Love joy couplers for Y axis.
    + Nema 23 mounts.
    + Pulleys and belts for X and Z axes.

NOT INCLUDED:

+ 3 Axis control box ( 3 Axis controller, up to 1/16 microstepping, included and wired for $150).
    + 3 186 oz/in Nema 23 stepper motors(Add $150 to have motors included and installed).
    + CAD/CAM software
    + Limit switches (included and wired with purchase of 3 axis control box)
    + Spindle (Harbor freight router included for $35)
    + Spindle Mount - (Included for $50 - Harbor Freight mounts in stock. Other mounts are no extra charge, but you must either ship the router to us, provide accurate drawings, or it must be available somewhere in Seattle for inspection. Home Depot, etc. will do fine.)
    + Computer (Included for $300, completely setup. Still does not include monitor, mouse, keyboard)
    + Paint (Do it yourself, don't do it at all, or we will for $200)

If purchasing the motors and controllers, total $300 extra, all wiring will be completed for you. System will be ready to hook up to a PC. Live CD and configuration files included. Uses Linux/EMC2 control software and HeeksCAD CAD/CAM.

Some photos:

http://www.prymfg.com/files/DSC00453.JPG
    http://www.prymfg.com/files/DSC00454.JPG
    http://www.prymfg.com/files/DSC00455.JPG
    http://www.prymfg.com/files/DSC00456.JPG
    http://www.prymfg.com/files/DSC00460.JPG

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call Jon at 425-533-7576 or 888-840-1167. If you are in the Seattle area, you are welcome to come buy and check out the machine.

Kits available as well:

+ $900 for all hardware and steel cut to size. You weld, drill and tap.
    + $600 for just the hardware. You obtain the structural steel components. Steel can be obtained from OnlineMetals and/or your local dealer.

Get your machine, fully assembled, made in the USA, from Pry Mfg Co. Pry Mfg Co has been building high technology products in the USA for 3 years and counting. Join customers like Honeywell and HTC. Pry Mfg Co, is a corporate sponsor of the HeeksCAD opensource project. Having committed thousands of lines of code, PryMfg is the only small CNC company invested in providing electrical,mechanical, and software solutions for CNC. Order now, to get the first machines off the line. At this price, it isn't a question of if you should buy it, but how many.

Buyer to pay actual shipping charges. Packing, crating, and handling included in sales price. Will ship any way you want it. Order is placed when 20% deposit is received. Balance due when machine ships. Terms available to corporate buyers. Please inquire. Financing available on a case by case basis.

Wow! so I could order any size I want for $1200.00 ?

Can anyone say PCnc Automation or Cncbridges.com....because the OP's information sounds very deceptive. What size machine is being sold for 1200.00 ????:argue: As PT Barnum once said....There's a sucker born everyday!!

The pictures look like a 12"x12", but I only looked at the first 1.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Size of machine

My apologies. The machine is 14x14x6. Would be nice if it was any size for $1200. We can build other sized machines based on the same technology though.

Sham companies

I understand your skepticism as I am a new player in this field. I would like to make a statement of assurance for whatever it is worth. Although I cannot say that the CNC-3 will meet everyone needs in the world, or is the greatest machine in the world. I can say that my company does real business in the manner people expect. While new to the CNC business, I have been making industrial electronics for about 3 years. Our largest customers receive Net-75 terms. Although there is a 3-4 week lead time on these products, we are hardly ever late, and if so just a few days. We often get orders for $50k or more, and the customer never pays a cent until long after the product has been manufactured and in their hands, giving them ample opportunity to complain about defects and demand replacement (neither of which has ever happened) before ever parting with their money.

Doing business with smaller companies and individuals is somewhat different. Sometimes they will say they would like 5 of something, and then when the product is done, they no longer want it. So I came up with this tentative scheme to require a 20% deposit. I thought this would not turn off people. I am willing to negotiate this aspect.

I am not totally sure how this machine will sell, or how to go about ramping up production. The use of laser cut components gives us the ability to get large numbers of the custom hardware parts made in a small amount of time. But there is still a lot of hand work. The use of tube cutting lasers and a 3rd party firm for the welding would allow better dynamic capacity, but this would require greater quantity production. At this point I have a finished machine on my desk, which I would like to sell to someone. Then I will build a couple more, and sell them. I don't want pre-orders, and your money. I want to sell machines.